United Kingdom, England, Essex
I like the offbeat and out of place.
= Location =
- I primarily shoot in a studio in Benfleet (it's in Essex).
- It has heat and lights, and a proper changing room with... well, 5 walls actually. But it's roomy and comfortable.
- Sometimes I'm allowed out in public. I prefer doing that in spring and autumn so I can spend more time taking photos and less time telling you how warm or cold it is given you'll be standing out there too so you probably already know.
= Contact =
- Thank you for considering contacting me, I'm flattered.
- If you have a request or an offer please give me as much detail as possible, sure I might think of something else to ask but if there's an obvious follow-up question you'll get brownie points for answering it pre-emptively. (For those who miss the subtlety of that comment, I have no problem with "Please hire me" mails but if you want paying it helps to give an idea of how much you'd want paying, there is an inversely proportional relationship between how many obvious questions I have to ask and the chance of me booking you)
= Mails =
- I try to reply to messages as they come in else I forget, it's nothing personal, so if I've not replied within a few hours of reading feel free to assume my memory failed and send me a reminder.
- I understand that other people have memories that work and can reply later, I do realise that I'm the strange one.
- I won't even be offended if you don't reply at all. Seriously, I'm sure you're wonderful and everything but I'll cope, as much as I may think my mail was important I understand that not everyone agrees with me all the time.
= Travel =
- For me ~90 minutes is probably about as far as I want to justify travelling.
- That doesn't mean I won't travel 91 minutes.
- Or even 9.1 hours come to that, it's just harder for me to justify.
- Travelling 90 minutes east get fairly wet, so I'm really saying "close to the M25".
- If you want to travel further, I won't stop you (I'm nice like that).
- Stansted Airport is about a 45-60 minute drive away. It serves most of Europe. Like most airports there are numerous travel options to and from, but if you give me full flight details I see no reason why I can't collect you.
- Trains from London run fairly close by.
- If you drive I won't bother collecting you, you can probably park pretty close.
- I have no philosophical objection to paying travel expenses, just understand that if you want me to pay for you to fly from Australia your total cost is probably higher than a model from London.
- And if you do need travel paying it's generally useful if you say how much it would be, even if just approximate. I don't mind using ballpark figures for initial contact and then finding out it's really £1.27 more expensive when we're confirming, but "£travel" is sufficiently vague that I may not have a clue whether you're asking me for £5 or £500, and as I'm cheap that may make a slight difference.
= Compensation =
- I'm not your fairy godmother, I may not be able to provide all you expect/want, but at least if I know want you're after I can tell you how closely this matches what I can offer.
Traditionally a hobbyist photographer I've been pushing myself further recently; shooting for catalogues, portfolios, headshots, posters, adverts... a bunch of stuff really.