This thread is being watched by 1 person
AGS is off-line
22 September 2016 12:33
AndyGStudios
Photographer

West Yorkshire
Wakefield

That makes no actual sense...

I was banned also, but thats what you get for complimenting a model, who totally took it the wrong way, and complained to an admin who kept himself nameless but absolutely made a meal of it. Meh, big world, ya know...

If you do join / rejoin PP, or whatevs... best to just crack on with what it was designed for and forget all about the forums. Don't bother trying to friend anyone unless you're working with them; it'll save you a whole barrel-load of hassle.

Havoc is off-line
22 September 2016 14:16
Havocphotography
Photographer
Havocphotography
East Sussex
Brighton

Quote from AndyGStudios
That makes no actual sense...

I was banned also, but thats what you get for complimenting a model, who totally took it the wrong way, and complained to an admin who kept himself nameless but absolutely made a meal of it. Meh, big world, ya know...

If you do join / rejoin PP, or whatevs... best to just crack on with what it was designed for and forget all about the forums. Don't bother trying to friend anyone unless you're working with them; it'll save you a whole barrel-load of hassle.

You do NOT get banned for complimenting a model, you know that, I know that and everyone knows that. I have zero doubt you had other strikes or did something highly dodgy, end of.

You are rigth about the forums though, I am banned from the forums and it makes PP a much nicer place to not get drawn in.

AGS is off-line
22 September 2016 14:47
AndyGStudios
Photographer

West Yorkshire
Wakefield

No, nothing else - in fact a promise for everlasting membership, for what thats worth lol.

matt is a moderatorPlatinum Member
22 September 2016 16:37
matt
Peacemaker
matt
East Sussex
Brighton

@Iconic - we are in the process of redesigning the site so hopefully there will be life left in the old girl yet
If you are out to describe the truth, leave elegance to the tailor.

HowardJ is off-line
23 September 2016 01:20
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
Surrey
West Midlands

Sshh you'll wake people up.

w4pictures is off-line
23 September 2016 06:59
w4pictures
Photographer
w4pictures
London
Chiswick

Just easing up the coffin lid to say hi to Iconic.

23 September 2016 09:12
wiltshiretog
Photographer

Quote from AndyGStudios
No, nothing else - in fact a promise for everlasting membership, for what thats worth lol.

Can i say something.Since i have been here i have heard this many times,yet no evidence.Maybe people are looking in and seeing you repeatedly saying this,yet nothing changes,and they think "no point coming here" i have been hearing a few people saying this place is dead,and not here on the site,so i am sure that is putting people off coming back/joining,maybe it is time to show what's been happening.
In the time you have been talking about updating,i have built my own portfolio,and also seen two other sites similar to this update/add new features,yet this place remains the same.
Just saying....
It's all in the detail

Jaw Imaging is off-lineSilver Member
23 September 2016 09:51
Two_stops
Photographer
Two_stops
Nottinghamshire
Nottingham

There's a big difference in adding updates and revamping a whole site, even I can see that and I have no html experience. A few tweaks could be done in a matter of hours whereas a full revamp can take months, especially if it's being done between paying jobs. Just look at how long it takes some photographers to provide images from TF shoots.
Before digital, photography consisted of only negative comments.

23 September 2016 09:56
wiltshiretog
Photographer

Quote from Two_stops
There's a big difference in adding updates and revamping a whole site, even I can see that and I have no html experience. A few tweaks could be done in a matter of hours whereas a full revamp can take months, especially if it's being done between paying jobs. Just look at how long it takes some photographers to provide images from TF shoots.

I get Tf images out in 24-48 hours....constantly,and i work full time
It's all in the detail

Jaw Imaging is off-lineSilver Member
23 September 2016 10:49
Two_stops
Photographer
Two_stops
Nottinghamshire
Nottingham

Quote from wiltshiretog
I get Tf images out in 24-48 hours....constantly,and i work full time

You can't batch process a new site.
Before digital, photography consisted of only negative comments.

20 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
ElleLaura miles Tashaholz
2webmedia Auctioneer copperbronze dave@studio99 david1500 ElegantCaptures geoffmarchant grahamsphotography gwentman Ianmcculloch ianscales James7799 paddywhack paulfcm16 poah Rhadamanthus Willjamieson