Boudoir, Glamour, or what?

Paul Jones is off-line
21 May 2016 19:18
Paul_Jones
Photographer
Paul_Jones
Lancashire
Wigan

Do you ever wonder what kind of photographer you want to be? (or model)

For a while I think I’ve been confusing myself with thoughts about what kind of photographer I want to be and what ‘genre’ I want to pursue. And here’s where I think I’ve gone a bit off the rails with perhaps overthinking things.  Over recent years I’ve experimented with so many genres – glamour, portraits, headshots, fashion, erotic, nude, art nude, boudoir – to try to find the one thing that I enjoy the most. And I haven’t found the definitive answer...

Do you ever go through the same thought process?

I've just posted my thoughts in my latest Blog post, together with links to a few favourite boudoir photography resources (books, videos, etc). 

http://www.pauljones.org/?p=1609

If you have any thoughts on the subject, or links to favourite glamour / boudoir photography resources please share. Hopefully we can have a good conversation about our favourite hobby.

Cheers
Paul

www.PaulJones.org (Glamour / Portraits / NSFW)

redbaron is off-lineSilver Member
22 May 2016 03:19
redbaron
Photographer
redbaron
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

I think it is natural enough for your interest to shift around with photogprahy as you learn new things and get bored of certain styles and areas for a while. That to some extent is the joy of photography.

As for Boudoir.Well there is no real definition anyone agrees on. In the US it tends to be much nearer what we would call glamour. Soft lighting with the woman looking direct to camera. Over here we seem to prefer a more vouyeristic style and more play with light and shadow. The difference to me between Boudoir and other glamour styles is the recipient.

With glamour you are aiming at the male audience. Its all about the person viewing.Boudoir to me is all about the woman, even if the excuse is a present for a partner. It is about making them feel good about themselves. Helping to restore lost self confidence about their body perhaps or reminding them they still look good after a relationship has gone south. In many ways it is as much the experience as the photos with a client.
Photography and Studio hire www.immortaleye.co.uk

Paul Jones is off-line
22 May 2016 11:17
Paul_Jones
Photographer
Paul_Jones
Lancashire
Wigan

Good comments Redbaron. Thanks.
www.PaulJones.org (Glamour / Portraits / NSFW)

23 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
chosin ElleLaura gggggg Kitty_1 latara_18 Tashaholz Vickey
AaronKent bbphotos dorrian iestyn john_at_tina_spice jonnywoo Kjoservices mlp nibs208 oro p4pFetography plld stevegosh steveh32 Thunder_Photos VB_Photo