JSP is onlinePlatinum Member
13 May 2016 13:24
Ladiesman
Photographer
Ladiesman
Leicestershire
Leicestershire

Quote from w4pictures
What camera, what was the custom WB you used, was the dress in full sun, what do skin tones look like? Late sun is much warmer than daylight and the colour temp can change quite quickly as the sun gets lower. But none of this should cause more than a colour tweak in post. Before you spend money, run your monitor through this in the lighting conditions under which you usually edit and adjust accordingly http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/

I have saved the website to my favourites and well test my monitor properly tomorrow. frown

I've tried the white balance on auto and then changed it to a custom white balance using a grey card. The young lady is Asian looking and I would say that her skin tones are fairly accurate. On the bridge the dress does look red. But when I took to the open grass to photograph my model next to a gentleman who just happened to be practising with his violin, I noticed that her dress had definitely changed orange. I think the problem may well be that I forgot to add another custom white balance now that I was out in the open sun. laugh

Yes the dress was out in the full sun.

The model has just corrected the colour for me using colour inhancer on her mobile phone.
I’m sorry about the white jacket with ties at the back. My doctor says I’ve made excellent progress and I will be released from Broadmoor on Tuesday; fancy a shoot on Wednesday!?

Suzy Monty is off-line
16 May 2016 02:33
SuzyMonty
Model
SuzyMonty
Cornwall
Truro Cornwall -enjoy travelling! -Published Internationally

I'm not a photographer, but did see this feature, hope that it is some help

http://photo.stackexchange.com/questions/61386/why-does-bright-red-in-direct-sun-come-out-orange

Elizabeth Arden quote - 'I'm not interested in age. People who tell their age are silly. You're as old as you feel' OR LOOK...

17 May 2016 05:32
Ladiesman
Photographer
Ladiesman
Leicestershire
Leicestershire

Quote from SuzyMonty
I'm not a photographer, but did see this feature, hope that it is some help

http://photo.stackexchange.com/questions/61386/why-does-bright-red-in-direct-sun-come-out-orange

Thank you very much Suzy cheeky
I’m sorry about the white jacket with ties at the back. My doctor says I’ve made excellent progress and I will be released from Broadmoor on Tuesday; fancy a shoot on Wednesday!?

Malc is off-lineSilver Member
28 May 2016 10:57
cziiki
Photographer
cziiki
London
London

If you use lab mode in photoshop the a channel gives you close control of the reds.

28 May 2016 11:52
Ladiesman
Photographer
Ladiesman
Leicestershire
Leicestershire

Quote from cziiki
If you use lab mode in photoshop the a channel gives you close control of the reds.

I use Corel Paint Shop Pro 2 - I've been able to get the dress to look red but unfortunately the process of am using  doesn't do much for the rest of the image. 

Thank you frown

Paul Hodson is off-line
29 May 2016 08:31
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Quote from cziiki

You should be able to mask the effect to only apply to the dress.
Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

Malc is off-lineSilver Member
29 May 2016 09:26
cziiki
Photographer
cziiki
London
London

Quote from mph
You should be able to mask the effect to only apply to the dress.

indeed, or even by choosing the exact colours you change you can often isolate things by colour alone. However the OP is using Paint Shop Pro which I only recall from a couple of decades ago and no idea if it has masks even now

Paul Hodson is off-line
29 May 2016 11:07
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Quote from cziiki
indeed, or even by choosing the exact colours you change you can often isolate things by colour alone. However the OP is using Paint Shop Pro which I only recall from a couple of decades ago and no idea if it has masks even now

Pretty sure it does.

(though like you, it's many years since I used it)
Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

29 May 2016 14:22
Ladiesman
Photographer
Ladiesman
Leicestershire
Leicestershire

Corel Paint Shop Pro 2 has layers. I've been going through the tutorials this afternoon. Although I still haven't found a tutorial on changing a particular colour. I'm pretty sure it's there and that it's just a case of me getting familiar with my editing software.

Thanks to everyone for their help

I very much like to get images right in the camera so that I have little editing to do when I get home. Unfortunately there are many images which will benefit from at least a small amount of tinkering with editing software which is why I am trying to brush up on my editing skills.

Hugh Spence is off-line
31 May 2016 04:38
StNeots
Photographer
StNeots
Bedfordshire
Potton

According to Wikipedia, Jasc owned PSP up to version 9.
Paint Shop Pro is currently in 18 (X so your version must be version X2 (twelve).
I think the menus haven't changed much and you want Adjust...Hue and Saturation...Hue/saturation/lightness.
You can mask off the changes to only apply to one part of the image.

32 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
chosin ElleLaura Hann kacie Michelledefeo1 pinklilly RoxyMendez
ad360photo bbphotos belmez2000 bradder Brian2008 david1500 DJ200 donaldmac dorrian dougharding Essexjohn geoffmarchant GGDP_Photography HarishPadalia jayfish JohnDentonPhoto Ladiesman markeos50d nickdandalos orca_photography stevegosh templeimaging TheChrisS
Jonesy2107
matt