How do you back up images

Darrin Henry Photography is off-lineSilver Member
14 February 2016 15:54
darrinhenry
Photographer
darrinhenry
London
London

I was forced to stop using DVDs when I bought my first 5D (6+ years ago) as the RAW files from big shoots meant I was using far too many discs. Since that time ext HDDs seems to be the best option still. I'm a bit nervous about how much data would be lost if a 2TB drive became corrupted, but I make sure to always double back up and touch wood, no problems so far
Darrin Henry Photography

Paul Thompson is off-linePlatinum Member
18 February 2016 07:53
Biggles485
Photographer
Biggles485
Hampshire
Fareham

Son, Father, Grandfather. Camera to laptop, deleted from camera, laptop for working then before I do anything with the images I download the files to an external hard drive, then ever week I download the original files and any files I've worked on to a second external hard drive which is then stored in a separate room to the original external hard drive. Not like in the "old days" when you had prints and negatives or reversals and prints

7dayshop.com is good for cheap memory
When going through Hell don't stop!

26 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
bustybrooke9 kacie Kitty_1 kkoch
arterotica Blancho BOBREEVES Cheshunt83 cliffc dave@studio99 focus Hazy james65 James8700 johanburan Jpdo JulianHoltom kai_kul kingfisher kizer mike0048 psn redbaron rscott360 Steveh32 Swyftie