Light Factory (lens flare) alternatives for Photoshop CC on PC

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
28 January 2016 06:56
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

As per the title... does anyone know of any alternatives for Light Factory (which no longer supports Photoshop) for use with Photoshop CC to create custom lens flares and that work on a PC?

I've seen there's one called mFlare but sadly that's Mac only (and no, I don't ever want to buy a Mac).
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

AGS is off-line
29 January 2016 08:04
AndyGStudios
Photographer

West Yorkshire
Wakefield

BrushEEzy - http://lmgtfy.com/?q=free+photoshop+lens+flare

No compatibility required...

29 January 2016 08:28
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Knoll Light Factory was far more advanced than simply adding 'dumb' flares. As you moved the target point (for the light) around the image it would change the properties of the elements of the flare depending on distance from the centre and angle to the centre-line of the image and would create extra artifacts when positioned close to the image edges. The various elements would also react differently based on background colour. It did it all quickly and easily too, along with the ability to fully customise the elements of each flare and save presets... that's the functionality I want.

When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

WoodPhoto is off-line
29 January 2016 09:09
Adrian
Photographer
Adrian
Derbyshire
Derby

Have you had a look at mFlare?, it may be suitable for you
I used to do it in the dark, now I just flash!

29 January 2016 10:37
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Quote from Adrian
Have you had a look at mFlare?, it may be suitable for you

Yep, it's Mac only though (although appears to be the best successor to Knoll Light Factory following its demise/transition to a video-only plugin)

AGS is off-line
29 January 2016 11:52
AndyGStudios
Photographer

West Yorkshire
Wakefield

I can think of several flare filters, but none with the level of functionality that you want. Flares are so passe' and cliche' now they don't get much attention. I use brushes and just modify the brush once stamped, to my needs, but I do understand where you're coming from.

diipii is off-line
14 February 2016 10:57
diipii
Photographer

Worcestershire

Avoid these short term gimmicks.
It only happens all the time.

Profile Pictures is off-line
15 February 2016 07:07
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Suffolk
Bury St Edmunds

Alternatively, recognise that trends are important in providing customer needs. Funny how many list 'fashion' as an interest but worry about trends...

25 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Asian_amy_Latina ayaphilips RoxyMendez Sarahlou73 Stephieb27 stevepm zavego
63jian chicimages digartlondon ElegantCaptures James7799 JRFox Matt1988 modelboutique nemesis nonoizephotography panda49 philippahh redbaron robhillphoto Thunder_Photos
photo39
matt