07 January 2016 13:52
marlhamphoto
Photographer
This member has been reset to pending
marlhamphoto
Kent
Canterbury

Quote from vanessasoares
the point 2 it is hard because i consider myself amateur on this industry so i dont really know which style of imagery would sell me well. thats way i want to try almost every style to try to find my own.

Well if your here to make money then sexy sells. That doesn't mean you have to offer nudity necessarily but in my experience if you expect to make money from clothed modelling it's as much about your wardrobe as it is you. Good quality lingerie sets ought to enhance your prospect of being paid for boudoir shoots for example. But good quality lingerie isn't cheap!

If you're here simply to enjoy yourself then you have much more scope.

Vanessa Soares is off-line
07 January 2016 14:18
vanessasoares
Model

Norfolk
Kings Lynn

Quote from marlhamphoto
That's very true but it assumes the only reason for entering is to win the competition. However if I were you I'd enter every competition going whether you expect to win or not - it gets your likeness out there and in front of peoples' noses. Some competitions don't allow a profile link but others do. Obviously it makes it easier for people to discover who you are and to contact you if competition entries include a link!

hm, thats a good perspective of the thing..i will take you advise, thanks :P

Vanessa Soares is off-line
07 January 2016 14:21
vanessasoares
Model

Norfolk
Kings Lynn

Quote from marlhamphoto
Well if your here to make money then sexy sells. That doesn't mean you have to offer nudity necessarily but in my experience if you expect to make money from clothed modelling it's as much about your wardrobe as it is you. Good quality lingerie sets ought to enhance your prospect of being paid for boudoir shoots for example. But good quality lingerie isn't cheap!

If you're here simply to enjoy yourself then you have much more scope.

well, i am here most to have new opportunities, it would be great if it would be paid, but since i am amateur i dont expect anyone to pay,honestly. yeah, definitely i am here most to enjoy myself

ChrisS is off-line
08 January 2016 03:33
TheChrisS
Photographer

Cambridgeshire

The problem any new model has on a site such as this is competition with other models. There are so many for a photographer to choose from, but to get yourself noticed, definitely follow the advice above. Slowly but surely is the way to go, allow yourself to find yourself as a model. If you have your own ideas for a shoot, raise a casting call requesting to try them out, either TF or paid.

The other problem... Kings Lynn is in the middle of nowhere so unless you're prepared to travel, expect to only attract photographers in the Norfolk, Suffolk, Lincolnshire or Cambs areas

marlham is off-line
08 January 2016 12:30
marlhamphoto
Photographer
This member has been reset to pending
marlhamphoto
Kent
Canterbury

Quote from TheChrisS
The problem any new model has on a site such as this is competition with other models. There are so many for a photographer to choose from...

New models tend to have a honeymoon period simply because they're a new face. I'd be surprised if Vanessa hasn't received plenty of offers already - but the problem she'll have is figuring out which of them are worth saying yes to, if any. Although she's clearly had one offer in this thread and if I was her I'd take it up and delay saying yes to anything else for the time being. She'll be better placed to judge what to accept after working with ProfilePictures - in my opinion.

Profile Pictures is off-line
08 January 2016 16:01
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Suffolk
Bury St Edmunds

I'm still not able to weigh up stats with portfolio, and have a paid model coming tomorrow to try some stuff with. I'm pretty certain, based on two recent castings for part paid, and this week let down by a well referenced newbie for a paid shoot - that my style isn't popular, or likely to attract paid work for a model.

31 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Annaxxwachowicz MissCaraJane QueenDeeVa01 Samanthajane4 toniallcorn
antoinewynn Belemboo Cheshunt83 edwards ElegantCaptures Essexjohn hylander Ianparker1 Imernie Kjoservices Ladiesman Matt1988 PDCPhotos peterashuk Photojoe670 redbaron Rob77 ron rscott360 shinywear skymouse Steveh32 Studio1 TinDolls tms Willjamieson