Reminder Secure

canon 650d

Paul M is off-lineSilver Member
03 January 2016 09:48
PCMPhotography
Photographer

Lincolnshire
Bourne

Have a friend who has canon 650d.can the white balance be set so it can be used with studio flash using horshoe trifgger?
many thanks

Dave Beasley is off-line
03 January 2016 12:54
eosfan
Photographer
eosfan
Surrey
Guildford

Yes - he can :

Read the instruction book or watch this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwZGrSQ2IFI

Its very simple and takes 30 secs.

Any problems, message me.

Dave

Paul Riddell is off-line
04 January 2016 06:19
riddell
Photographer
riddell
Hertfordshire
berkhamsted

I'll assume he is using jpg, because of course it doesn't matter with RAW.

Best to grey card and set a custom white balance.

Paul.
www.photographybyriddell.co.uk

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
04 January 2016 06:45
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Quote from riddell
I'll assume he is using jpg, because of course it doesn't matter with RAW.

It would matter if he's got it set to auto, whether using RAW or not it'd be a bitch to process sets of images with the WB going up & down like a yo-yo (seen many people do this)
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

Paul Riddell is off-line
06 January 2016 06:29
riddell
Photographer
riddell
Hertfordshire
berkhamsted

Quote from RedChecker
It would matter if he's got it set to auto, whether using RAW or not it'd be a bitch to process sets of images with the WB going up & down like a yo-yo (seen many people do this)

Not at all. You simply white balance from the reference image, then apply your receipe to all the images. Easy. Takes less than 10 seconds, assuming that you are using a decent RAW convertor.

Profile Pictures is off-line
06 January 2016 08:37
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Suffolk
Bury St Edmunds

I was a bit confused here too, regularly taking sets of 350+ images in a range,of indoor,and outdoor settings, its pretty much the case of shooting raw and selecting all in lightroom, press 'auto' (or wiggle the slider a bit to achieve te right look, synchronise and done. I'm always wondering if I'm missing an important point here since I've never encountered a problem with white balance really, in camera or in processing; and it seems such a hug deal for many folk.

I appreciate sometimes bad luck will give you natural light one side of the subject and incandescent the other, which often looks horrible, but even then you can just use an adjustment brush to tweak, or better still avoid unfortunate lighting.

14 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
mandymack skykantara1
ad360photo chopper_images colinpierce Dalesdesigns djb1 firsttake oldbloke rscott360 Scotography SMILESPHOTO Sp_digital zzdigital