31 December 2015 13:18
swchughes
Photographer
swchughes
Surrey
Thornton Heath

I got a no thanks in 2009!
http://www.purestorm.com/forum/readThread.aspx?id=121804

I have to say they are very welcome but very rare.
Since 2009, I think I have had 3.

Marty is off-line
31 December 2015 18:12
marty55UK
Photographer

Kent

It's a pity not many are like you to reply with a no thanks
Most just have bad manners and never reply.
I suppose the excuse would be , had no time but only takes seconds to type ...no thanks.

Tony Rodda is off-line
03 January 2016 09:40
tonyphoto
Photographer
tonyphoto
South Yorkshire

Hi All,

Personally I think its nice to get a reply, even if its a no thanks.

Choosing the right model is not as easy as it appears and i'm sure from the models point of view its similar.

T

diipii is off-line
19 January 2016 12:10
diipii
Photographer

Worcestershire

Always reply to any email. Any model who purports to have a professional position in this business should find this essential. Too many treat it as a quick mail from a friend and just bin it. If you don't want to work on a project say so with thanks for the offer. That photographer might in the future have work you would die for. Although as a "professional" I can't imagine many jobs that would be so repulsive you would choose to avoid earning the cash. As a professional photographer and later in another profession I have never worked for anyone I liked or respected. I worked with people I liked and respected and that made up for it. The real professional attitude, work ethic and even just common curtesy is sadly missing these days though I am pleased to say not with the Purestorm members I have employed.
It only happens all the time.

Tony Horton is off-linePlatinum Member
07 April 2016 14:14
windowman9
Photographer

Warwickshire
nuneaton

Great stuff , yes always nice to get a reply even if its no thank you , if all models did this it would start to build this site up again , all the best with your modeling ,Tony

AGS is off-line
07 April 2016 14:25
AndyGStudios
Photographer

West Yorkshire
Wakefield

This... is what the notes tool is for. Always worth remembering the positives, as well as the negatives.

Andy is off-line
07 April 2016 15:59
photostore
Photographer
photostore
Fife
fife based, but Scotland wide

I'd much rather get a "no thanks" rather than be left wondering ?
I'm sure it will smart with some people with more ego than talent but that is their issue not yours
lets get shootin

Rupert Rudd is off-line
07 April 2016 16:46
RupertRudd
Photographer
RupertRudd
East Yorkshire
Hull

A "thanks but no thanks" whilst not exactly welcome is appreciated as you know where you stand.
A little help is worth a lot of sympathy.

3 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Hann
gordon rscott360