Wix.com

Paul thomas Ford is off-lineSilver Member
24 October 2015 12:17
paulford
Photographer
paulford
South Yorkshire
Doncaster

Has anybody used this site to produce their own web page? If so is it any good, And is it really "free"?

Suzy Monty is off-line
25 October 2015 06:23
SuzyMonty
Model
SuzyMonty
Cornwall
Truro Cornwall -enjoy travelling! -Published Internationally

Hi Paul,

Yes , you can have a free WIX website. Their instructions for creating same are easy to follow and undating same is simplistic. They will however, advertise at bottom of the free version website pages the fact it is WIX. To lose that advertising, one would need a paid website with them.

Before I semi-retired, I use to have a paid site with another company - then I switched to a freebie Wix one a couple of years ago, when I went part time modelling, and honestly I still relatively receive a good number of enquiries through my general contacts page form and telephone number on the site...ok so, it might not be an all singing and dancing website, I realise it's limitations, but that hasn't stopped media enquiries or top PR and national/ international publications/magazines contacting me.

I personally, haven't encountered any 'Oh, she only has a free website' snobbery

If the free version of WIX website worked for you, then an upgrade to paid with them, is  an option fully available.

Hope that helps.

All the best.

Suzy frown

Elizabeth Arden quote - 'I'm not interested in age. People who tell their age are silly. You're as old as you feel' OR LOOK...

Paul thomas Ford is off-lineSilver Member
25 October 2015 11:29
paulford
Photographer
paulford
South Yorkshire
Doncaster

Thanks Suzy might give it a go, It might bring me a bit of work in, Even if its only doing TFP stuff for people. Bit of practice for me and picture for the client.

Keith Wells is off-lineSilver Member
25 October 2015 13:38
keithpics
Photographer

East Sussex
Brighton

I paid for the 'professional' version - just over £20. It's a bit basic but certainly good enough to get you up and running and if you can tweak the HTML and/or CSS then it's even better. Even the free version is quite capable of creating a reasonable website as long as you don't want anything ultra sophisticated. I've tried rival software costing circa £120 and it wasn't as good.

3 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
ElleLaura
sniffer Thunder_Photos