Model reference

Rene O is off-linePlatinum Member
03 September 2015 18:07
RieniO
Photographer
RieniO
France
Auxerre - Paris - Amsterdam

I think this is my first post in these forums ever, even though I have been a member of this site for many years already... hello guys

I found a UK based model who signed up to this site recently and doesn't have any photographer references. I want to book her and fly her in to Paris but don't want to risk a no-show after spending 200 euro on flight tickets so I would like to talk to a photographer she worked with recently, to check whether all is ok. I could ask her for some names of photographers of course but is there also something like a reference forum on this site?

Another thing I'm considering is asking a photographer who lives close to her to do a test shoot with her at my expenses. I want to book her for commercial glamour shoots so it would be worth the investment. Do you guys think this would be a good idea?

Cheers,

Rieni

Administrator Advisory
There are no 'hidden' forum sections on Purestorm - see this link for guidance on the Reference system.

G14 ~§~ The Feedback System ~§~
To contact a photographer who has worked with the model click on the email link at the top of their page

Oscars Photostudio is off-line
04 September 2015 01:54
oscar
Photographer
oscar
Cheshire
Nr Warrington

As far as I am aware there is no 'reference ' forum on this site. If she has images on this site just ask for details of the photographers. It may be that she has images and references on other sites. I am sure that you will find a photographer who will shoot with her at your expense -will you pay upfront? Where is she based?
Your own references are from several years ago, do you have any more recent that would encourage a model to work with you?

Profile Pictures is off-line
04 September 2015 02:21
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Suffolk
Bury St Edmunds

Id think a better idea, one which makes sense if you're planning on making a realistic investment here - is to book a model with a track record you can rely on. Why not use an agency in France even? Seems an awkward decision to do what you've suggested given the comfortable regular methods available.

nigel kent is off-line
04 September 2015 04:30
sirspread
Photographer
sirspread
Avon
bath

Have you checked to see if she is on any other sites where she might have references?

Cody is off-lineSilver Member
04 September 2015 04:54
Cody
Model
Cody
Oxfordshire
bicester

use a model you have worked with before Hi Rienio   or a model with many references

04 September 2015 15:21
RieniO
Photographer
RieniO
France

Hey Cody, cool... you were the first model giving me a reference on net-model

I have asked her for names of photographers she worked with before, otherwise I'll ask her for her Facebook page. I just want to know whether she's real.

Amber West is off-line
05 September 2015 10:20
Amber6
Model
Amber6
Dumfries and Galloway

I would go with your idea of getting someone who's opinion you value to do a test shoot with her, if she can't provide previous references.

I have had to do test shoots before bigger shoots (including one which involved flights) and that seems to be a nice way to reassure everyone.

(and PS we've never ended up shooting together yet! )

11 September 2015 23:00
RieniO
Photographer
RieniO
France

I asked the models about photographers she worked with, she read my mail but didn't reply. Then I asked her if I should arrange a test shoot with a photographer near her at my expenses which would provide her with new photos for her portfolio, she read the message but didn't answer. She moved to the UK from another country, the photos she has on her page were shot up till 3 years ago in that previous country.

I give up, back to the model agencies.

Moorlane is off-line
17 September 2015 06:20
Moorlane
Photographer

Greater Manchester

I think you are right.She sounds like she might be a time waster- correct decision I think

Jen Somerfield ♥ is off-lineGold Member
17 September 2015 12:08
JenSomerfield
Model
JenSomerfield
Bristol
Bristol

Try an experienced model with tons of references from photographers you know maybe? Or are you after something really specific about the model?

28 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
BlueLah DanielleWx DareMeDD Kacie RoxyMendez
63jian AndiCallen dave@studio99 david1500 djb1 Einstein hylander jefflynne JohnDentonPhoto johnnytog Keithhendy Ladiesman LGI nickdandalos peteb photosareu redbaron Rhadamanthus Rupert Spiritofwales Stoker thelook zprangz