Invitation to test software

Barney Douglas is off-line
24 August 2015 16:54
bdfoto
Photographer
bdfoto
West Sussex
Worthing

As of tonight the offer has been withdrawn from this site and all others where the forum posting was started.
"Simplicity in Photography for over 25 Years"

Matthew G is off-line
24 August 2015 18:12
MG
Photographer
MG
Warwickshire

I don't think anyone can say 'your software sucks' before they actually try it. I know when you have put many many hours in to a project and then you bring it to market people say its a terrible idea. It might be fantastic and just what the market needs but it might also be terrible. I wasn't any the wiser of what your software does as I use a plugin for lightroom that produced a gallery and puts every image up for sale, watermarking the images and adding a shopping cart on to it so if anybody orders than I get 80% and the company gets 20% cut for having the software. It does the job perfectly and I think it has a share button too on each pic... Might be wrong with that...

So if your software does all of that and more then sell us the idea... If it doesn't then go back to the drawing board and look again. On a side note, your website is a 1990's or early 2000's. It needs starting again.

25 August 2015 01:00
bdfoto
Photographer
bdfoto
West Sussex
Worthing

Quote from MG
On a side note, your website is a 1990's or early 2000's. It needs starting again.

I know, thank you, which is why I spent part of yesterday evening with the software developer who's just run some software for me on a test basis.

Profile Pictures is off-line
25 August 2015 01:19
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Suffolk
Bury St Edmunds

Don't forget to add myspace integration...

Razoir is off-line
25 August 2015 11:37
JeromeRazoir
Photographer
JeromeRazoir
Devon
Crediton

That may work in the USA but over here that kind of shmaltz just makes me want to vomit. Mostly because I can't actually punch the irritating V/O artist in the teeth. If anyone were to associate me with that I would hunt them down and JeromeRazoir is a naughty person in their fridge. Sorry, ice-box. I completely fail to grasp what you are actually selling, in terms of 'features to benefits'. Day one of How To Sell Things training.
Who but a jazz man would say of Bridget Bardot, "Man, what key is she in?"

Andy is off-line
26 August 2015 08:39
photostore
Photographer
photostore
Fife
fife based, but Scotland wide

I see the software is advertised in numerous different languages across the web, is this actually yours ? or are you just a reseller ?
I thought you were in some way part of the actual developing team ? but it seems to have been around a while globally ?
lets get shootin

26 August 2015 09:35
bdfoto
Photographer
bdfoto
West Sussex
Worthing

Quote from photostore
I see the software is advertised in numerous different languages across the web, is this actually yours ? or are you just a reseller ? I thought you were in some way part of the actual developing team ? but it seems to have been around a while globally ?

It's a UK specific reworking of the original ...

And the test offer has been withdrawn for now ...

And yes the American voiceover is going.

Steve Walsh is off-line
26 August 2015 16:53
swalsh58
Photographer
swalsh58
Kent
St Mary's Bay

Don't let the 'nay sayers' put you off. If its a good product it will sell. If it isn't then it wont.....but if you don't try you will never know. Perhaps it needs a few tweaks before release, a makeover or complete re-working, but if you think the UK needs a product like this, and its better than anything currently available, then you should keep going. If not, and you don't, then don't waste any more of your time

26 August 2015 17:23
bdfoto
Photographer
bdfoto
West Sussex
Worthing

Quote from swalsh58
Don't let the 'nay sayers' put you off. If its a good product it will sell. If it isn't then it wont.....but if you don't try you will never know. Perhaps it needs a few tweaks before release, a makeover or complete re-working, but if you think the UK needs a product like this, and its better than anything currently available, then you should keep going. If not, and you don't, then don't waste any more of your time

My thoughts entirely, thank you.

Razoir is off-line
31 August 2015 21:22
JeromeRazoir
Photographer
JeromeRazoir
Devon
Crediton

Perhaps the most difficult problem creatives face is being too close to their work. That blinds you to objectivity. Then, when someone is harsh about your 'baby' it hurts. Sadly, though, often the harsh comment is what is needed.
Who but a jazz man would say of Bridget Bardot, "Man, what key is she in?"

5 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Sarah75
fineartbysimon Glam2k Thestarglider Willjamieson