Invitation to test software

Barney Douglas is off-line
23 August 2015 05:36
bdfoto
Photographer
bdfoto
West Sussex
Worthing

I've got my Regional Manager V4 Media hat on here.

I am seeking five photographers, preferably (for now) based in the UK (although we will consider enthusiastic offers from photographers outside the UK), to test out a new piece of software that allows you to send proof images to your clients, share them on social media fully branded with your logo, and not only providing the clients with their branded proofs but also advertising you, the photographer, across social media sites such as Facebook and Youtube to all of your clients' contacts.

Fundamentally it's business networking for you but done by your clients.

Whilst primarily aimed at weddings, it works equally as well for family, boudoir and pet photography, and for model portfolio work, as well as commercial advertising and pack shot photography.

So what we seek is five photographers undertaking at least four paid shoots for clients over the next two weeks, and we ask you to use this new software to proof the images to your clients.

You will get the use of the software free of charge for the test period and all we ask of you is to provide feedback to us on the software.

From you, in order, to take up this offer, we will need you to provide us with the following:

• Your name
  • Your business name
  • Your email address
  • Your mobile phone number
  • Your Facebook URL
  • Your Youtube URL (optional)
  • Your logo in JPG or transparent background PNG (at least 500 pixels on the shorter dimension)
  • Confirmation you have at least four fee-earning shoots on which you can test the software within two weeks of starting the testing.

It's first-come first-served.

Outline information here: http://www.v4media.co.uk/v4s-wedding-app-45-w.asp

Infotorial here: http://wedup.co.uk/index.php

Please DO NOT download and pay for this software if you want to take up this offer.  Those selected for this test will be given full and free access to the software directly by V4 Media via email.

Constructive comments are welcome here, but please message me if you would like to take up this opportunity.

I can also be contacted via email (available on request).

Please note I am aware of the similar facilities on Lightroom, but this software does that part of the work for you thus saving you a lot of batch processing time.

Thank you

"Simplicity in Photography for over 25 Years"

Profile Pictures is off-line
23 August 2015 10:31
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Suffolk
Bury St Edmunds

I'll be sticking with lightroom and don't have any need to send proofs - much less with a watermark. Social media is easily managed anyway. The criteria are odd for a wedding photographer too maybe? We're fully booked until after September to my way of thinking, but the most weddings in a two week period would be three - anyone busier would seriously struggle to fit new software into their workflow ( and probably not risk a balls up at a busy time anyway for the sake of software with questionable functionality)

23 August 2015 10:36
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Suffolk
Bury St Edmunds

If the software looks or operates anything like your website - some poor bugger is doomed I fear! Are you mental?

23 August 2015 10:48
bdfoto
Photographer
bdfoto
West Sussex
Worthing

Quote from profilepictures
If the software looks or operates anything like your website - some poor bugger is doomed I fear! Are you mental?

No comment.

23 August 2015 11:02
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Suffolk
Bury St Edmunds

No comment here, but by private message you ask me to elucidate? Its not a word I'd use, but if you need explanation; I flicked a look at your pictures and your website. Perhaps that'd be a normal reaction to firm up an opinion on someone who offers an invitation, to give some insight into their thinking or activity, and to validate their own impressions of what is or is not worthy.

Your pictures are average suggesting average skills, effort and creativity. So that's pretty neutral then.

Your website is an abomination to the extent it could easily be a web based museum price. If can't recognise this as a poor advert for your own impressions on design and marketing - you'll probably also fail to see why your software offer now suggests it may well be at best, an ashtray in a motorbike in business terms. More probably id guess it risks making another business look tatty and possibly damaging its workflow.

Now, I'm sure that's lucid enough, please don't message again. I'm here for a public forum and associated transparency, not to make pen friends.

MR T is off-line
23 August 2015 11:46
pixels2pictures
Photographer
pixels2pictures
Lincolnshire

Quote from profilepictures
No comment here, but by private message you ask me to elucidate? Its not a word I'd use, but if you need explanation; I flicked a look at your pictures and your website. Perhaps that'd be a normal reaction to firm up an opinion on someone who offers an invitation, to give some insight into their thinking or activity, and to validate their own impressions of what is or is not worthy. Your pictures are average suggesting average skills, effort and creativity. So that's pretty neutral then. Your website is an abomination to the extent it could easily be a web based museum price. If can't recognise this as a poor advert for your own impressions on design and marketing - you'll probably also fail to see why your software offer now suggests it may well be at best, an ashtray in a motorbike in business terms. More probably id guess it risks making another business look tatty and possibly damaging its workflow. Now, I'm sure that's lucid enough, please don't message again. I'm here for a public forum and associated transparency, not to make pen friends.

Ouch that's a bit harsh, and the chap didn't ask for a review of his work, however as I didn't see the message he sent you it may well have been justified.

I agree comments on or relating to a public forum thread should be posted on that thread not in private messages.

Now to the OP, if I am going to test software for you, I would want something out of it, you are asking for my time just for the pleasure of doing it (sort of like asking a model to shoot TF with you but without getting any images for her trouble). I doub't you will have many takers.
Light is at the heart of every image, however it is how we choose to use it that makes the difference.

23 August 2015 12:35
bdfoto
Photographer
bdfoto
West Sussex
Worthing

Quote from pixels2pictures
Ouch that's a bit harsh, and the chap didn't ask for a review of his work, however as I didn't see the message he sent you it may well have been justified.

I agree comments on or relating to a public forum thread should be posted on that thread not in private messages./qt]

Thank you.  I appreciate your comment.  For the benefit of those who follow, I see no harm in reproducing the content of the message I sent to the poster of the above comment.

My message was short, polite and to the point.  "No malice intended in this message.  May I ask you please to elucidate?"

And, no, after what he wrote above, I wouldn't contact him again.

For the benefit of those who might be tempted to take a look themselves, the site is undergoing a serious makeover at the moment, but for now, that makeover is not accessible online, and probably won't be for at least two months.  I am well aware it is outdated and needs radical treatment.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Quote from pixels2pictures
... if I am going to test software for you, I would want something out of it, you are asking for my time just for the pleasure of doing it (sort of like asking a model to shoot TF with you but without getting any images for her trouble). I doub't you will have many takers.

Yes, you are fully justified, and I would be only too pleased to negotiate something with you, and indeed anyone else who feels that is what they would like.

cheeky

MR T is off-line
24 August 2015 04:01
pixels2pictures
Photographer
pixels2pictures
Lincolnshire

Quote from bdfoto
from pixels2pictures
... if I am going to test software for you, I would want something out of it, you are asking for my time just for the pleasure of doing it (sort of like asking a model to shoot TF with you but without getting any images for her trouble). I doub't you will have many takers.

Yes, you are fully justified, and I would be only too pleased to negotiate something with you, and indeed anyone else who feels that is what they would like.

cheeky

My interest in this post was from the perspective, if you are asking people to spend time and effort testing your software they are going to want something more than the use of it during the testing period.

I personally don't fit your criteria for the following reasons;

I don't shoot weddings for clients never have never will. (I have been dragged kicking and screaming to photograph family and friends weddings, what a waste of a day in my opinion).

I don't use Facebook, I have a real life with plenty of friends, never needed, or see the point, of creating a virtual one.

At 68 and retired, I no longer do any paid work and have no intension of returning to doing so. 

I personally use Capture One Pro, since the old version 3.1 (now on new version 8.2) I am happy with it and it will do similar to what your software is offering, if indeed I wanted to use it for that purpose.
Light is at the heart of every image, however it is how we choose to use it that makes the difference.

Matthew G is off-line
24 August 2015 16:35
MG
Photographer
MG
Warwickshire

I know nothing about your software but I would imagine you'd stand much more chance with it if you were to make it as an add on for Lightroom. The reason why Lightroom is so successful is it does pretty much everything you want it to do. It sorts and it edits. There is an expression that says there is no need to re-invent the wheel. I hope that is constructive help. i have not looked at your portfolio or your website or anything else as that is all totally irrelevant.

Andy is off-line
24 August 2015 16:36
photostore
Photographer
photostore
Fife
fife based, but Scotland wide

"Constructive comments are welcome here "

Sorry,
but it looks like just another dated, american voice over, infomercial that leaves you wondering why the hell did i click that link
I cant see any pro or semi pro wedding photographer purchasing it,if the advertising says it in cartoon form then im personally out every time (even before the advert gets to the end) the actual infomercial quote" flashback to the 90's" summed it up perfectly !
I do not have a brand to worry about or a social media presence for my photography, if i did then this would only damage it.
lets get shootin

30 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Annaxxwachowicz Carliegomez24 Luciouslizhu3 Stephieb27 SuzyMonty
ad360photo Belemboo Blancho bob cgwebster david10203 david1500 doughnut gerry99111 Impressionstog Irish_Rover JRFox keltica Matt1988 modelboutique moritz78 peteb redbaron Rhadamanthus rscott360 southernsnapper stevegosh Swyftie two_stops
harbourstudio