Reminder Secure

CD Printer

05 August 2015 17:06
Catuaba
Photographer

Anyone know of a reasonably priced CD/DVD printer. Full colour and good quality. Doesn't seem the easiest thing to find/review/price up.

Oscars Photostudio is off-line
06 August 2015 09:33
oscar
Photographer
oscar
Cheshire
Nr Warrington

It's not clear what you want.
Do you want to print on 'printable CD'? Canon and Epson, maybe HP, do them. I use an old Canon pixma 4000 which has a CD printing facility. You can buy A4 sheets of CD labels to use with any printer.

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
06 August 2015 09:55
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

The problem with printable CDs is (from experience) that their quality isn't as good, plus they tend to smudge a lot during printing. Labels are fine (IMO) for a small business.

If you do need something more professional, I personally would consider getting bulk screen printed discs (make sure they're decent ones though).
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

06 August 2015 14:40
Catuaba
Photographer

Don't want labels. Basically just want a printer that will print straight onto a blank white disc. In colour and pref decent quality. Each one will be tailored made for the client so I cant do a batch with a company. Each on would be personally designed. Seen a few cheap ebay ones but I wondered if anyone had one they used.

Don't really want to re mortgage for the ink either.

Ellesse Photography is off-lineSilver Member
06 August 2015 15:05
EllessePhotography
Photographer
EllessePhotography
Edinburgh
Edinburgh

How about a Canon Pixma IP7520 (about £65), or similar from other manufacturers. Couple that with some "glossy CD/DVD blanks and they are capable of extremely high quality printing. To save a few quid, you can always buy compatible cartridges for them.

06 August 2015 16:47
Catuaba
Photographer

Just noticed that on Wex and was debating. Looks to be possibly the one. Thanks.

Spike is off-line
07 August 2015 05:13
Spike
Photographer
Spike
Hertfordshire
St Albans

Avoid labels - used to shoot for a manufacturer of disc players of all types, their biggest reason for repairs was jams due to labels on discs either not correctly applied or lifting slightly, mainly due to poor storage, the las thing you want is one of YOUR discs to screw up a client's player.
"Photoshop is there to cut diamonds, not polish turds"

07 August 2015 05:27
Catuaba
Photographer

Picking up the ip7250 at Argos today.

Shawn Barker is off-line
07 August 2015 06:41
FrameworksMedia
Photographer
FrameworksMedia
Staffordshire
Stoke-on-Trent

I use older series Epson stylus R series. 6 colour ink cartridges generally cost less that £1 each. Ink coverage for a disc is next to nothing compared to printing A4/A3 and a couple of hundred disks should cost less than £5 to print, but can be time consuming hence the reason for multiple printers. I also use silver faced Verbatim disks to give a 'holographic' style full colour coverage - well worth trying if you want your presentation to look a little special. Never had problems with reliability. Current model looks to be something like the Epson P50 at around £130.

09 August 2015 14:53
Catuaba
Photographer

http://www.rivieramultimedia.co.uk/jvc-taiyo-yuden-cd-r-watershield-white-c2x9264535

Went for these disks. And the dvd ones too. Not the cheapest but apparently the best quality. Had an argos voucher left over from a while ago for the printer.

3 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Paris
FinePrint portalphotography