canon 6d repair advice

Profile Pictures is off-line
17 July 2015 04:34
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Suffolk
Bury St Edmunds

My original point had been to see if anyone knows how easy it is to get a 6d apart, as checker says - I've a button that's gone wonky and my pair of 6d have been working bloody hard for over two years! The consumer tag means that they aren't fully weather sealed and whilst leaning over a balcony above a crowded dance floor at a reception ( in the apex of a high ceiling hall in very hot conditions) I know a drop or two of sweat got into the switch and has probably messed it up. Ideally I'd like to have whipped the machine apart and dropped another ( probably inexpensive switch part ) into the camera, but will have to wait now until off season for a service and repair.

Matthew G is off-line
17 July 2015 15:58
MG
Photographer
MG
Warwickshire

Google is your friend.... https://www.ifixit.com/Device/Canon_EOS_6D Good luck with it.... If you are using your cameras professionally though I wouldn't attempt a professional repair job yourself as you can't afford to be on a job and it fails on you... so bluntly speaking don't be tight and get Fixation to fix it for you! :-)

25 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
AdelineE Alicestar AriaRosee ElleLaura Hayleyrooney jodieellen Pebbles40 Stephieb27
antoinewynn Auctioneer ChrisNewton claypaws dorrian frankpht Funder005 Jamesrichards Jaywirksworth JohnDentonPhoto khan1984 mlp parafotos philippahh redmedia Rhadamanthus
Discretion