Reminder Secure

Insurance

bizz is off-line
27 June 2015 04:40
bizz
Photographer
bizz
Surrey

Any togs out there can give me advice on the best deals in photographer public liability and equipment insurance, and idea of costs. Many thanks.

Colin H is off-lineSilver Member
27 June 2015 05:52
thelook
Photographer
thelook
Berkshire

I use Cliik:
http://cliik.co.uk/

Give them a ring and ask for Steve.
They were by far the least expensive for my cover plus other people I know who use them have been paid out with little hassle and very quickly.
When the world whispers 'give up, a fool will say 'I'll give it one more try'.....

27 June 2015 13:40
Catuaba
Photographer

Definitely Policybee.

27 June 2015 13:41
Catuaba
Photographer

I pay about £21 a month to cover 5k of gear. 50k indemnity and 1mil liability. Plus employers liability. Which you need even if you work with a volunteer.

Covers hiring models etc etc.

Doesn't cover quadcopters or underwater.

Laurence Power is off-line
27 June 2015 16:10
LaurenceJPower
Photographer
LaurenceJPower
Surrey
Esher

I moved mine to Zurich throught Morgan Richardson this year, they came in cheaper with £5M public liability and £10M E'ers liability
Laurence J. Power

bizz is off-line
28 June 2015 03:16
bizz
Photographer
bizz
Surrey

Many thanks everyone.
James

Peter Bailey is off-line
01 July 2015 08:31
bailey_p
Photographer
bailey_p
Cheshire
Manchester

I'm with Morgan Richardson for the second year, they had the cover I was looking for and the price was less then most others as well as beating my renewal price.

01 July 2015 12:17
paule
Photographer

I was with MR.. very poor service, when I needed it.. no point of contact when I made the claim, they didn't want to know just forwarded me to the assessor..

The assessor was useless: "hello I'm Mr X your insurance assessor.. I know nothing about photography so you'll have to arrange for these to be assessed by someone else, before we can progress your claim"

WTF?! an assessor who can't assess.. brilliant.. I'm with Towergate at the moment and their guy said he'd be my single point of contact and that if my previous claim had been made with them... he'd have dealt with everything including authorising the funds for replacement kit..

redbaron is off-lineSilver Member
01 July 2015 12:57
redbaron
Photographer
redbaron
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Towergate. So far I have been fortunate enough not to make a claim but I have heard very positive comments from photographers who have.

I would say check the small print very carefully. Some of the 'cheaper' insurers have clauses that make them near useless. I seem to recall one not that long back where to be covered for loss from your car the gear had to be in a locked metal strong box bolted to the floor of the boot!

I dropped Aaduki, another well respected one because their cover for equipment in the car did not cover after 7pm and they tried to drop travle abroad insurance at renewal without mentioning the change.
Photography and Studio hire www.immortaleye.co.uk

GR Photography is off-line
06 July 2015 10:26
GRPhotography
Photographer
GRPhotography
Berkshire

I use Aaudki think I pay 124 quid this year
Try Harder - Failure is not an option

27 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
emmaloux MissCaraJane pinklilly QueenDeeVa01 RoxyMendez Sammy_Louise Sarahlou73
ad360photo antoinewynn chandos david1500 iestyn john_at_tina_spice Jpdo JRFox lemonvalleystudio markeos50d Matt1988 Peter_d_photography peterh PhilWinterbourne rscott360 ScottMCCCXIV shinywear Shootonlocation Steveh32 tigerman