Reminder Secure

3D video

Moorlane is off-line
26 June 2015 14:48
Moorlane
Photographer

Greater Manchester

I have been sent a glamour video from a model who wants to work with me.The video has been recorded on a 3D video camera.Can I ask advice on viewing it? Do I need a 3D TV ? Thanks

KHV is off-line
26 June 2015 14:54
Keltica
Photographer
Keltica
London
London

Glasses

Moorlane is off-line
26 June 2015 15:16
Moorlane
Photographer

Greater Manchester

it wont play on my pc or via my DVD playerso i cant see it

KHV is off-line
27 June 2015 03:18
Keltica
Photographer
Keltica
London
London

Well it's a problem with the CD/DVD or perhaps the format itself. You can interrogate the file on the media to see what it is but honestly 3D what the hell is that all about.

Frank Sinnott is off-line
27 June 2015 05:30
frankpht
Photographer
frankpht
London

You'll be able to watch it but it won't be nice to watch so you need a 3d tv. If you were in London I'd invite you over so as you could see it on my tv. Oh just noticed your second post looks like you're up the proverbial. Maybe a 3d blue ray player is what you need but that again will probably depend on what format it was filmed in

Razoir is off-line
27 June 2015 10:13
JeromeRazoir
Photographer
JeromeRazoir
Devon
Crediton

Will not play at all or plays and is unwatchable?
If the former I have no idea, if the latter then glasses. You need the right type. The commonest are Red/Blue and are quite cheap. GoPro 3D videos play fine on my computer but are awful unless you have the glasses.
Who but a jazz man would say of Bridget Bardot, "Man, what key is she in?"

27 June 2015 11:12
frankpht
Photographer
frankpht
London

Quote from Keltica
Well it's a problem with the CD/DVD or perhaps the format itself. You can interrogate the file on the media to see what it is but honestly 3D what the hell is that all about.

I can take 3d photos on my Sony A77 haven't tried it on a model shoot. Limited yes but sometimes it can be good.  Gives me a reason for having my Sony Bravia. As Sky have dropped their 3d tv channel and put all content onto demand.  Meaning it now costs to view all 3d content the frankpht is a naughty person s.  Will be dropping my subscription soon as they've only got sky arts 1 and no 2 which was the better station.

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
28 June 2015 06:36
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

First off, to view/edit it on your PC you need the correct codec and a video editor that supports 3D.

After that you need to export it to a format that's 3D compatible be it a stand along file or 3D BluRay disc.

Then you need not only a TV that supports 3D but also the player (and to some degree the right cables also as 3D can require a much higher bandwidth than standard signals thus better cables are needed).
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

28 June 2015 08:57
frankpht
Photographer
frankpht
London

Quote from RedChecker
First off, to view/edit it on your PC you need the correct codec and a video editor that supports 3D. After that you need to export it to a format that's 3D compatible be it a stand along file or 3D BluRay disc. Then you need not only a TV that supports 3D but also the player (and to some degree the right cables also as 3D can require a much higher bandwidth than standard signals thus better cables are needed).

You can put it on a memory stick and put that via the usb on the tv.  I'm trying to remember how I did mine, because I have a Sony camera I also have the software so I must have done it using that.   I wouldn't be too concerned about cables.

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
28 June 2015 10:06
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Quote from frankpht
I wouldn't be too concerned about cables.

As long as the cable supports the HDMI v1.4 standard you'll be fine (most modern cables are) but it's likely some people will be using cheap cables from when HDMI first appeared and they may cause problems.
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

24 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
chosin lynnesel Sammi_1985 VictoriaClaire Winterlilly
BOBREEVES BOZZ daseinphoto diphoto dorrian eyecandiphotography geoffmarchant HarishPadalia jimbob markeos50d Moz777 Oberonfoto philippahh rscott360 StuartCollinsPhoto Studio1 talldave68 Willy_O
photo39