My heart is in it

Zanussi is off-line
27 May 2015 00:47
zanussi
Photographer
zanussi
South Yorkshire
Barnsley

Back after a long absence! Hopefully for some time. A word of caution: I virtually gave up my hobby when increasing numbness in my hands made it impossible to handle my gear properly. I would drop lenses, fumble to fit flashes, take ages to adjust controls and have humilating lapses of memory leaving me doing goldfish impressions in a shoot. My doctor dismissed the symptoms as "inevitable" and suggested a hobby that did not require prolonged periods of holding up an instrument, gardening for instance!

Turns out they were classic symptoms of heart failure, found out the very hard way!

The doctor? Banned for a year.

Skymouse is off-lineGold Member
27 May 2015 04:34
skymouse
Photographer
skymouse
London
London

Crikey, I'm glad they recognised your illness eventually but sorry it had been dismissed for so long. I hope you make a good recovery.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others." - Groucho Marx.

Paul Hodson is off-line
27 May 2015 12:23
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Quote from skymouse
Crikey, I'm glad they recognised your illness eventually but sorry it had been dismissed for so long. I hope you make a good recovery.

+1
Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

Mich_lou is off-lineSilver Member
01 June 2015 13:13
MichelleHush
Model
MichelleHush
South Yorkshire
sheffield

welcome back zanussi

Malc is off-lineSilver Member
01 June 2015 14:16
cziiki
Photographer
cziiki
London
London

Can I ask, what great age had you reached when this doctor told you to resign yourself to fumbling ineptitude?

Zanussi is off-line
02 June 2015 05:13
zanussi
Photographer
zanussi
South Yorkshire
Barnsley

Quote from cziiki
Can I ask, what great age had you reached when this doctor told you to resign yourself to fumbling ineptitude?

Paul Hodson is off-line
02 June 2015 12:23
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Quote from zanussi

Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

Malc is off-lineSilver Member
02 June 2015 12:50
cziiki
Photographer
cziiki
London
London

Good Lord I must be a drooling mess at 62

Paul Thompson is off-linePlatinum Member
04 June 2015 12:00
Biggles485
Photographer
Biggles485
Hampshire
Fareham

Welcome back Zanussi! I hope you a well recovered and keen to shoot. Best wishes
When going through Hell don't stop!

19 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
BlueLah bonni_cuffs Craigchesham DareMeDD Hann kategrimsby OlgaCabaeva
alexcrawford duncanjames Einstein GGDP_Photography jayfish johnnytog jyp nickdandalos rod_m99 Scotography Tammyj whitepython