Is alternative the new mainstream.

Kevin Wilson is off-line
19 May 2015 06:11
kerandastudio2
Studio
kerandastudio2
Norfolk
Kings Lynn

With so many models currently pierced,or tattooe even those models with natural unblemished bodies into bondage, fetish, BDSM .
I pose the question is Alternative now Mainstream completing a total role reversal ?

KHV is off-line
19 May 2015 06:16
Keltica
Photographer
Keltica
London
London

It's risque and if you go to all that trouble and expense getting all those tatts and piercings then you would want to show them off. I wonder if in 20 years time it would be the same.

Personally, it stops me from using models who have lots of tatts., although it's mainly the under 30's that do.

marlham is off-line
19 May 2015 06:19
marlhamphoto
Photographer
This member has been reset to pending
marlhamphoto
Kent
Canterbury

There are few if any mainstream models on any of these sites so to my mind it's all alternative and always has been.

Your use of the word unblemished I presume is intentional and with the intent of inciting some kind of reaction from those who choose to adorn their bodies with tattoos and piercings. It's not a word I would have used.

Profile Pictures is off-line
19 May 2015 07:01
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Suffolk
Bury St Edmunds

Trends are trends, I have no idea what mainstream or alternative as descriptions are supposed to mean? I suspect the terms have little or no meaning. Tanning, cosmetic surgery, better dental surgery, underwear or tailored clothing, whitening teeth. Hair dyes, heeled shoes...which combination or application of all these defines either state?

Paul Riddell is off-line
21 May 2015 04:55
riddell
Photographer
riddell
Hertfordshire
berkhamsted

No. Not even close to it.

Look at all your mainstream content, I don't see an abundance or even barely any of these models in Vogue, Elle, Cosmopolitan etc. Nor do I see these kind of models adverting for M&S, Debenhams, Miss Selfridge.

I could go on, but I simply don't see models like this used in any kind of mainstream at all. In fact there are lots of other specific qualities they require.

Paul.
www.photographybyriddell.co.uk
www.photographybyriddell.co.uk

21 May 2015 14:20
Photog3000
Photographer

Mainstream by definition is something that is more the norm and an answer would be yes as there are fewer and fewer unpierced and untattooed models about

25 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Gothic_Kitty Isobel111 kkoch RoxyMendez tanyacox
chicimages clearimagephotography cliffc david1500 diphoto dorrian ElegantCaptures funky glamartfoto jonnywoo lify nickdandalos psn Rupert soulc Spiritofwales Swyftie thelfcdude888 TonyDanza Willjamieson