Reminder Secure

6D trade in at WEX

David Hunt is off-line
10 May 2015 05:42
dhuntuk
Photographer

Surrey
Camberley

I just wanted to ask if anyone has tried this service on a 6D, or other camera involved in the promotion?

http://www.wexphotographic.com/partexchange/?event=canon-6d-upgrade-bonus

I am seriously considering getting rid of my second hand 5D in favour of this. Primarily, for me, it is about 135g (4.5 oz) lighter and has built-in wifi. The latter is important so that I may shoot to my Ipad Mini (Once I can get the Datacolor software to load on to the bloody thing!).

Any thought?

HowardJ is off-line
10 May 2015 06:44
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
Surrey
West Midlands

Just be aware the 6D might be having a few sensor problems at the moment and some are likely to need factory replacement.

David Hunt is off-line
10 May 2015 07:05
dhuntuk
Photographer

Surrey
Camberley

Quote from HowardJ
Just be aware the 6D might be having a few sensor problems at the moment and some are likely to need factory replacement.

Do you have a link?

I cannot find anything to suggest there is a common problem with a camera that has been out for two years.

HowardJ is off-line
10 May 2015 08:01
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
Surrey
West Midlands

Quote from dhuntuk

Do you have a link?

I cannot find anything to suggest there is a common problem with a camera that has been out for two years.

See my post from Friday about Canon camera problems. There's been an announcement in the US about the problem. They may also affect cameras in other countries.

David Hunt is off-line
10 May 2015 08:30
dhuntuk
Photographer

Surrey
Camberley

Quote from HowardJ

See my post from Friday about Canon camera problems. There's been an announcement in the US about the problem. They may also affect cameras in other countries.

Hmmm... Different market, different branding and different batch of sensors.

Click on the T6 and T6i link on the page you linked to show some crop sensor cameras. The 6D is full frame and has a slightly smaller 20.2 sensor than the 24.2 T6 (Whatever that translates to in the UK..?).

HowardJ is off-line
10 May 2015 09:34
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
Surrey
West Midlands

Quote from dhuntuk
Hmmm... Different market, different branding and different batch of sensors.

Click on the T6 and T6i link on the page you linked to show some crop sensor cameras. The 6D is full frame and has a slightly smaller 20.2 sensor than the 24.2 T6 (Whatever that translates to in the UK..?).

Fair enough. Well checked that man.

Paul Hodson is off-line
10 May 2015 10:10
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Quote from HowardJ
Fair enough. Well checked that man.

It is the 750 and 760 D models that are affected

http://http://www.techradar.com/news/photography-video-capture/cameras/official-canon-spots-a-problem-with-the-750d-760d-1293313
Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

Matthew G is off-line
10 May 2015 11:58
MG
Photographer
MG
Warwickshire

Seems an okay deal. The 6ds are £939 on digitalrev at the moment. Theyre 1150 at wex So just do the maths of the extra value theyre offering on your 5d. The reason why to buy a 6 d isnt because its lighter though, its because its an awesome camera and takes far better images in challenging conditions than the 5d mk1 does.... Assuming you mean the original 5d.

Profile Pictures is off-line
11 May 2015 13:53
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Suffolk
Bury St Edmunds

I've run two 6d hard for some while, and though its jot a fast focusing sports camera, think its brilliant generally. Of you're going from a mark one 5d, it will be like a new world in practical terms, but you may miss the AF speed of the mk2 slightly if that's what you have right now.

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
11 May 2015 14:59
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

If you're upgrading from a 5D, you'll miss the little joystick at the back of the camera for AF point selection (I do anyway)
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

31 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Katieann1 missloulou RoxyMendez Tangoed06
alanbassettphotography antoinewynn bbphotos ChrisNewton DJ200 Djanimation djb1 eyecandiphotography freddie Gregory_Mason gwentman Jamesrichards JohnDentonPhoto keltica LGI lify MIB modelboutique Nessie paulq Philski photon riddell steevrosewood Stevew1 TinDolls
harbourstudio