Rotated images

Paul thomas Ford is off-lineSilver Member
03 May 2015 03:30
paulford
Photographer
paulford
South Yorkshire
Doncaster

Wondering if anybody is having this problem, I have correctly orientated image on drive, But when posting it reverts back to as shot ie with image horizontal instead of vertical as intended and as it appears when viewed off drive. Hope you understand what I mean, It is from a Windows 8 computer.

03 May 2015 03:35
paulford
Photographer
paulford
South Yorkshire
Doncaster

Going to try from a Win 7 computer see if that works, Doing my head in at the moment.

03 May 2015 03:45
paulford
Photographer
paulford
South Yorkshire
Doncaster

Work from Win 7 laptop, So looks like number 8 and its strange ways of working strike again, Unless someone knows different.

Liteangle is off-lineSilver Member
03 May 2015 04:18
Liteangle
Photographer
Liteangle
Berkshire
Wokingham

How have the images been processed from camera to posting? Do you use RAW or jpg? What software are you using?

03 May 2015 04:31
paulford
Photographer
paulford
South Yorkshire
Doncaster

Just rotated on drive, When viewed look ok but go back to as shot when trying to post them on Purestorm. ie shooting in portrait format,No software as such just straight off drive. Shoot RAW and JPEG but trying to post JPEG.

03 May 2015 04:35
paulford
Photographer
paulford
South Yorkshire
Doncaster

Seems fine if sent from windows 7, Copied in the same way and rotated as required onto hard drive and the same process to post onto here.

03 May 2015 04:43
Liteangle
Photographer
Liteangle
Berkshire
Wokingham

If you 'rotated on drive' then perhaps that is just altering how you view the image not the image itself. If you shoot in RAW and post them in jpg then you must be using some software to do that. Photographic software, such as Lightroom, changes the image file so that the image is viewed with the correct orientation.

03 May 2015 04:54
paulford
Photographer
paulford
South Yorkshire
Doncaster

Shoot RAW and JPEG at same time as separate files, ( they stay as separate files on hard drive) only trying to post JPEG file. Might have something to do with not rotating RAW file as well?

03 May 2015 05:15
Liteangle
Photographer
Liteangle
Berkshire
Wokingham

Oh, I see, so you are not converting the RAW images to jpg. If you are not processing the images through photographic software then in my experience the orientation can be wrong sometimes. I see some of your images have been processed through some kind of image manipulation software and that you are a 'semi-professional' so I would have thought you'd have some photographic software through which to run it, in order to embed the orientation into the image.

I don't use Windows 8, I've stayed with 7, so I can't comment on that aspect.

03 May 2015 05:19
paulford
Photographer
paulford
South Yorkshire
Doncaster

Have Photoshop on window 7 but not on windows 8 that the laptop I am trying to send from, Its just that if it seems the right way round why won't it post it that way?

0 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators