Reminder Secure

Wedding Photographs...something different.....

Anthonygh is off-line
19 April 2015 05:49
anthonyh
Photographer

Kent

This is worth a read...this couple's wedding portfolio shoot (seems an appropriate term) has been seen on-line by millions: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-trending-32353687

The full set of pics are here: http://www.zhangzishi.cc/20150410zh.html

Profile Pictures is off-line
19 April 2015 20:57
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Suffolk
Bury St Edmunds

Interesting to see, made me think how convergent our internet use has become though. How often do we stray onto non english sites?

Tim Cheesman is off-line
30 May 2015 18:02
MrTim
Photographer

Norfolk
Norwich

Quote from profilepictures
Interesting to see, made me think how convergent our internet use has become though. How often do we stray onto non english sites?

It does strike me occasionally that despite it being the "world wide web" it must be pretty much divided into dozens of language based sections which have very little crossover (although I suppose English is arguably the world's second language, which means stuff in this tongue probably gets more "outside" visitors than a lot of others!). I suppose the day that automatic translation software gets really good (so even most native speakers don't notice) will see the beginning of a major change and coming together of it all.
Er, anyway, back to the photos...!

redbaron is off-lineSilver Member
31 May 2015 02:03
redbaron
Photographer
redbaron
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Quote from MrTim
It does strike me occasionally that despite it being the "world wide web" it must be pretty much divided into dozens of language based sections which have very little crossover (although I suppose English is arguably the world's second language, which means stuff in this tongue probably gets more "outside" visitors than a lot of others!). I suppose the day that automatic translation software gets really good (so even most native speakers don't notice) will see the beginning of a major change and coming together of it all. Er, anyway, back to the photos...!

And getting worse due to the way Google censors what you see when searching. Where once a search for say wedding photography would bring you results from around the world now the search is biased increasingly towards your own country and even the location they have determined you are at. In many cases that is handy of course as it saves you having to add more search phrases when looking for a photographer to cover your wedding.

The downside though is as you say. Slowly, surely, Google is choking us off from large parts of the web without most people even realising this is happening. The goal of course is to make results more 'relevant' Unfortunately what is relevant to some is less so to others.

Photography and Studio hire www.immortaleye.co.uk

Andy is off-line
31 May 2015 02:17
photostore
Photographer
photostore
Fife
fife based, but Scotland wide

looking at the whole series of shots i'm not convinced it's even a real "wedding" more like a documentary,
Cant see many couples here or anywhere for that matter paying a photographer to be with them every minute of the day across what looks like weeks of various locations ( including work and the office)
lets get shootin

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
31 May 2015 02:24
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Quote from photostore
looking at the whole series of shots i'm not convinced it's even a real "wedding" more like a documentary, Cant see many couples here or anywhere for that matter paying a photographer to be with them every minute of the day across what looks like weeks of various locations ( including work and the office)

I think it's safe to say that the couple who commissioned this are quite wealthy and in high society in China it may well be a superb means of one-upmanship of their peers to have an album such as this produced.  I think you'd be surprised what those with excess amounts of money are prepared to do for bragging rights.
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

Mickey is off-line
03 June 2015 01:22
mikethefoto
Photographer
This member has been suspended
This member has been reset to pending
mikethefoto
Worcestershire

Looks like a case of "This is what you can expect from our married life"
Start off with the designer gear, helicopter, fast cars etc & end up looking after the cattle dressed like a yokel.

18 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Craigchesham Gothic_Kitty sarahjane1
act1on Dalesdesigns Dave@studio99 Daveinsurrey digimarx djb1 firsttake kimsandman2 laurencejpower lukaszmarcinkowski nickdandalos Roundhouse rscott360 tonycsm whitehammerclarke