Tattoos, piercings and real age

Barney Douglas is off-line
16 April 2015 03:46
bdfoto
Photographer
bdfoto
West Sussex
Worthing

I just ran a search with the specific criterion, "no tattoos".

Thirteen pages of models and almost 50% had at least one tattoo.

Piercings at least are fairly obvious

Models please check your profiles.  I have a client (very good payer) who specifically says NO tattoos, and minimal piercings.

And while we're at it, please put your correct age.  Same client requires an absolute maximum age of 26 (and needs sight of your passport).  I wonder how many of those I saw without tattoos were massaging their age.  One model said she was 26 and even described herself in her profile text as "middle aged."
"Simplicity in Photography for over 25 Years"

Preswylfa is off-line
16 April 2015 09:07
gwentman
Photographer
gwentman
Caerphilly
Blackwood

Quote from bdfoto
I just ran a search with the specific criterion, "no tattoos".

Thirteen pages of models and almost 50% had at least one tattoo.

Piercings at least are fairly obvious

Models please check your profiles.  I have a client (very good payer) who specifically says NO tattoos, and minimal piercings.

And while we're at it, please put your correct age.  Same client requires an absolute maximum age of 26 (and needs sight of your passport).  I wonder how many of those I saw without tattoos were massaging their age.  One model said she was 26 and even described herself in her profile text as "middle aged."

Also, could we have real dress sizes ( not less expensive shop sizes) as we may wish you to model a specific garment.

I'm sure someone at Marks and Sparkes would measure you even if you don't intend to shop there.

Mike.

redbaron is off-lineSilver Member
16 April 2015 10:51
redbaron
Photographer
redbaron
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Quote from gwentman
Also, could we have real dress sizes ( not less expensive shop sizes) as we may wish you to model a specific garment.

I'm sure someone at Marks and Sparkes would measure you even if you don't intend to shop there.

Mike.

Snag is no one knows what the 'real' sizes are any more. Most of the shops indulge in vanity sizing these days. I know one lass who fitted a size 'ten' in one shop and 12 in another while 14 in yet a third. Plus of course American sizes are one down from UK. That does not even take into account those who are say a ten in bottoms while a twelve in tops.

Better to go by the measurements, Though a few models seem to have bought elastic tape measures
Photography and Studio hire www.immortaleye.co.uk

Barney Douglas is off-line
16 April 2015 17:59
bdfoto
Photographer
bdfoto
West Sussex
Worthing

Out of interest, do any other photographers request, (and get), doc shots?
"Simplicity in Photography for over 25 Years"

marlham is off-line
17 April 2015 08:13
marlhamphoto
Photographer
This member has been reset to pending
marlhamphoto
Kent
Canterbury

Quote from bdfoto
Out of interest, do any other photographers request, (and get), doc shots?

Judging by the regularity with which I get asked to shoot them I would imagine the answer must be yes. At least from experienced models who are able to detemine serious photographers from the abundance of gawpers and chancers on modelling sites. Inexperienced models are likely to assume (understandably) that anybody asking for them is just another perv.

18 April 2015 15:43
emmwood
Model

This is a brilliant post! Far too many liars around! I keep everything entirely honest, even if I put on a few lbs I update!

Roger Vaughan is off-line
18 April 2015 18:09
BigEarsPix
Photographer
BigEarsPix
Warwickshire
Rugby

Quote from marlhamphoto
Judging by the regularity with which I get asked to shoot them I would imagine the answer must be yes. At least from experienced models who are able to detemine serious photographers from the abundance of gawpers and chancers on modelling sites. Inexperienced models are likely to assume (understandably) that anybody asking for them is just another perv.

Just last week took an unedited head and shoulders shot for a fashion model. Her agency had demanded it because her hair colour had slightly changed.

Roger Vaughan

Laurence Power is off-line
19 April 2015 06:03
LaurenceJPower
Photographer
LaurenceJPower
Surrey
Esher

Some time ago I did a check on dress sizes and produced a spreadsheet of the results, the comment about less expensive sizes in incorrect, it's the expensive places that massage the sizes as "nobody wants to be more than a size 12". Also of course there is the confusion between US and UK sizes. Personally I now ignore the size and instead use the measurements.

Manufacturer 8 10
Bust Waist Hips Bust Waist Hips
Beach Queen swimwear sizes - 30 32 32 34

La Redoute 32/33 35/36 34/35 36/37

H&M 31.5 34.5 33 36

Next 33 34.5 34 36.5

M&S 32 35 33.5 36.5

River Island 32 35 34 36.5

Jeager 34 36 36 37

Burberry 34.5 36 35.5 37

BHS 84 91 88 95
Converting those to inches 33 35.8 34.65 37.4

Principles 33 34

The waist was ignored as I mainly shoot swimwear

Age is a problem, and this is why I like phone shots uploaded by models, very few of them have any retouching done thus one can actually see what the look like.
Laurence J. Power

27 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
alishaa Donna654321 Gothic_Kitty jensomerfield RoxyMendez Vellocet
ad360photo bamfordphotography Beemer2009 copperbronze eclipsephoto GGDP_Photography HarishPadalia ian201050 Kjoservices Ladiesman monochromeset pandaface RichardJohnPhotograp rscott360 Scotography skymouse tms tommynicoll VB_Photo zzdigital
Discretion