Need feedback

LunaRose is off-line
22 February 2015 20:51
LunaRose
Model
LunaRose
Nottinghamshire
Mansfield

I'm new to this and need some reviewing. What do people like what can I do better

Profile Pictures is off-line
23 February 2015 02:24
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Suffolk
Bury St Edmunds

Too early to say what you're good at I think. I'm not convinced its the style you've shown so far though. Others will disagree, but I can't get on with cheesy mock bondage at all. Your lingerie work seems very limp and you've been pictured in some really flat and awkward compositions.

If you have a vision of something else you see yourself in, go find the photographer who can shoot it really well and start your portfolio fresh. Otherwise I can see an endless loop of 'meh' occurring. Unless you're happy with that of course, in which case, ignore this.

marlham is off-line
24 February 2015 08:57
marlhamphoto
Photographer
This member has been reset to pending
marlhamphoto
Kent
Canterbury

Blunt as it sounds I agree with Neil (Profile Pictures).

I imagine all the images you have so far would have been from paid shoots so it's perhaps understandable that they don't contribute to building a model's portfolio - as opposed to them simply being a collection of images from shoots. Lots of awkward looking poses and non-existent mood/expressions I'm afraid. Not your fault though - it's understandable that as a new model you will need a lot of help with those things.

So back to what Neil said really - figure out what style(s) you like/want and then go hassle the best photographer(s) you can find for them. Simples really.

Don't get disheartened by anything that's been said though - nobody really expects perfection overnight. Modelling is far from easy if you want to succeed at it.

Mountainview is off-line
01 March 2015 05:26
mountainview
Photographer

Nottinghamshire
Eastwood

The first thing to say is don't give up, I do agree with some of the previous comment, especially about the "flat" images, but if you're new to this and are looking to build your portfolio, you first need to look at your images and only post the ones you are most happy with.

It is far better to have three or four images you love than try to fill up your page.

Shoot across as many styles as you can, only that way will you find out what YOU truly like to shoot, and when you've found that, that's when most of your best images will be created.

Go through some photographers portfolios, as they tend to be more diverse than model portfolios, find the sort of styles you like, got some shoots booked, keep positive, and don't give up!

redbaron is onlineSilver Member
01 March 2015 08:15
redbaron
Photographer
redbaron
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

I don't over trouble myself about the quality of the images. That's my job after all. Ideally I would like to see

1. A good simple headshot with no photoshop
2. A full length standing image that shows your figure and proportions. Does not need to be nude.
3. Images that showcase the work you are seeking. If you offer Art Nude then show you can pull this off.
4. Expression Expression Expression. There is a dire shortage of models capable of more than the trout pout
Photography and Studio hire www.immortaleye.co.uk

Katie Soze is off-line
03 April 2015 19:59
katiesoze
Photographer
katiesoze
South Yorkshire

Expression and makeup could be turned up a bit IMO.

18 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Brightonblonde miles
bbphotos bradder cygnet david1500 dorrian eosfan Fatsammy mareeoosh nik300 plaatjesmaker ranesh redbaron rscott360 seductiveangels tms Willjamieson