LP-E6 BATTERY REPLACEMENT

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
05 February 2015 02:26
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

It's a shame that Canon don't have a refresh button on all their chargers (which would discharge and recharge). My EOS 1 charger has this feature and I use it every time I've left the camera for a couple of months.
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

alex crawford is off-lineSilver Member
09 February 2015 23:57
alexcrawford
Photographer
alexcrawford
Essex
Chelmsford

red: good point, but it'd cost canon a few battery sales, so that's why i guess they dont....?

(or is that being too cynical ?)

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
10 February 2015 02:52
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Another trick is to simply leave the camera on standby if you're not going to use it and it'll slowly drain. As a 6D owner I can also turn on the GPS & Wifi which will help drain a battery in hours.

Of course if you're really lucky or motivated you'd just shoot often and naturally cycle them regularly.
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

Dave Beasley is off-line
10 February 2015 04:25
eosfan
Photographer
eosfan
Surrey
Guildford

There was a Canon advisory on LP-E6 charger issue, might be worth reading in case it solves your problem;

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer?pageKeyCode=prdAdvDetail&docId=0901e024809ed436

Dave

Matthew G is off-line
10 February 2015 05:31
MG
Photographer
MG
Warwickshire

I highly recommend Duracell or Energiser batteries for it. Both are a lot cheaper than Canon's own brand. The Duracell are £30 directly. It's a brand name that you can assume to trust or at least replace if needs be. http://www.duracelldirect.co.uk/digital-camera/canon/oem-pno/lp-e6.html

24 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
AdelineE Alicestar AriaRosee ElleLaura Hayleyrooney isobel111 Pebbles40 Stephieb27
antoinewynn ChrisNewton claypaws dorrian frankpht Funder005 Jamesrichards Jaywirksworth khan1984 mlp parafotos philippahh Puremoods redmedia Rhadamanthus
Discretion