Reminder Secure

How often do you clean your lens / camera ?

This thread is being watched by 1 person
04 February 2015 02:13
PaulManuell
Photographer

Quote from profilepictures
Strikes me, you're the one having a pop fella, quite why I'm so fascinating to you, I can't imagine.

Damn right I'm having a pop. Fella. And don't flatter yourself, you don't fascinate me in the slightest. Fella.

Ian MACFADYEN is off-lineSilver Member
05 February 2015 11:41
Kiboko
Photographer
Kiboko
Surrey
GUILDFORD

Every time I so much as touch it. Same as I wash and polish my car every day. Before you criticise, - how many times do you comb your hair a day? Me, - never, as I haven't got any.

05 February 2015 11:51
Jackass
Photographer

I find that if I use coarse grade glasspaper, I only need to clean a lens once.
If it walks like a duck, and talks like a duck, it could be my ex wife.

Paul Riddell is off-line
06 February 2015 05:28
riddell
Photographer
riddell
Hertfordshire
berkhamsted

Quote from RedChecker
If you shoot wide-open with fast lenses then it's unlikely you'll notice specks of dust on the lens or sensor.  It's only when you stop down that the problems become apparent.  And if you shoot 'natural' backgrounds rather than plain walls/paper rolls in a studio it's unlikely you'll notice anything.

Thats pretty much correct, but you can't get complacent. Its very fustrating to have a tight deadline on a shoot and come back expecting a quick turnaround as planned only to see sensor dust everywhere....

www.photographybyriddell.co.uk

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
06 February 2015 05:37
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

As an amateur I'm not overly fussed as I have no such thing as deadlines but you can perform simple test shots/inspection at your office/home/base the night before a shoot, and clean if needed. Simple.
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

Ellesse Photography is off-lineSilver Member
06 February 2015 06:21
EllessePhotography
Photographer
EllessePhotography
Edinburgh
Edinburgh

It's worth mentioning the dust delete data feature too. Looks long winded, but is relatively quick once you've done it a few times, and it does work if you are not constantly changing lens's.

32 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
blurob DareMeDD ElleLaura MissCaraJane pinklilly
Andrewmoon andychittock Antz Cheshunt83 chicimages Chris_Mansfield djb1 gazzer59 hylander ignite JRFox lysander Matt1988 mauricesimagery modelboutique nickdandalos Photokirk1 redbaron rsg7500 southernsnapper stevegosh steveh32 Steveharratt TinDolls tms vanbrighouse
matt