Eyefi mobi 8 gig problems

Carpe Diem is off-line
23 January 2015 12:58
Carpe_Diem
Photographer
Carpe_Diem
Suffolk
Ipswich

Thought I'd try one of these eyefi mobi cards out and first impressions aren't great

Downloaded the app and set it up on my laptop very easily (it's idiot proof so I'm safe there) then watched a vid on youtube to auto imort miniscule jpegs into lightroom which was also pretty easy and works well

When the card is actually connected it's not bad, not ever going to win any transfer speed records but didn't expect it to after all it's only to give a rough idea of what we're shooting right?

Now the problem I've got is that I can't read a jpg straight from the eyefi mobi once pluged into any pc or laptop, further more once I've transfered the whole folder over (everything on the card) to my pc the jpegs/raw files are corrupt and wont open in anything PS or LR or photo viewer

Anyone got any suggestions to what might be the problem?

Thanks

Ellesse Photography is off-lineSilver Member
23 January 2015 14:14
EllessePhotography
Photographer
EllessePhotography
Edinburgh
Edinburgh

Where did you buy it from? If ebay or the ilk, there is a possibility the card could be fake.

Carpe Diem is off-line
23 January 2015 15:15
Carpe_Diem
Photographer
Carpe_Diem
Suffolk
Ipswich

Amazon

I purposely avoid ebay for anything "that matters" though have Googled searched this problem and looks like I'm not the first, have mailed eyfi and await a response

First ever cf/sd card failure I've had in 12 years of digital and comming straight out of the packet hasn't given me much confidence in the product

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
23 January 2015 15:25
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Quote from Carpe_Diem
Amazon

Amazon themselves or a reseller?

I bought off Amazon once (a reseller working through them) and the stuff was fake (Canon IXUS batteries).
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
23 January 2015 15:27
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Is the card definitely compatible with your camera?
And are there any camera firmware updates which point to fixing eye-fi problems?
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

Carpe Diem is off-line
23 January 2015 16:10
Carpe_Diem
Photographer
Carpe_Diem
Suffolk
Ipswich

Camera is 5D mkII with the latest firmware, just checked to see is there's any updates

Looks like the card has been sold by a reseller, I don't use Amazon and asked a family member to order for me.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Eyefi-Mobi-WiFi-SDHC-Cloud/dp/B00CRFK24K/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1421320520&sr=8-1&keywords=eyefi+mobi

Will try it in my D60 see if it works, forgot about that body

Carpe Diem is off-line
23 January 2015 16:17
Carpe_Diem
Photographer
Carpe_Diem
Suffolk
Ipswich

Maybe I won't, the D60 has a 4 gig max capacity and throws up a cf error
Haven't got anything else to test it with

Ellesse Photography is off-lineSilver Member
23 January 2015 17:47
EllessePhotography
Photographer
EllessePhotography
Edinburgh
Edinburgh

Your problem could stem from using the CF adapter. Can't remember where, but I'm sure I've heard of this before .

Terry Turner is off-lineSilver Member
24 January 2015 07:34
TerryTurner
Photographer
TerryTurner
Oxfordshire

As mentioned above, I have also heard some adaptors work better than others, some people say they have removed the metal casing from the adaptor and it has worked better. I know this will probably be no help to you but I am using an eye fi card with a 5d mk3, this does not use an adaptor and it works very well, I have raw files going to the main card and jpegs set at about 5mb going to the iPad via the eye fi, average transfer time around six to 8 seconds max.
Treat other people as you would like to be treated

scubie is off-lineSilver Member
25 January 2015 05:37
scubie
Photographer
scubie
West Sussex
worthing

I've used eyfi card with sd card for thousands of shots with no failure. But have heard of many problems with cf cards. As Ellesse said I'm pretty sure its the CF to SD adapter that is the problem, I'm sure only certain adapters do work.
See if you can borrow someones card adapter that does work first.

29 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
alishaa Ashleighmckenzie Carliegomez24 kacie REDXXX
antoinewynn Cheshunt83 davewilliams david1500 Dolayley flawless_photo gunnergraham gwentman humphries hylander iestyn jackw jonnywoo Jph1954 kalixte mike0048 nickdandalos orca_photography Pendragon140994 rscott360 Spiritofwales stevegosh Studio1 tonycsm