Reminder Secure

Wanted Ring Flash

richardu is off-line
06 January 2015 09:49
richardu
Photographer

Hertfordshire
Baldock

Does anyone have a Ring Flash they want to sell?

Ellesse Photography is off-lineSilver Member
06 January 2015 10:28
EllessePhotography
Photographer
EllessePhotography
Edinburgh
Edinburgh

For what camera system?
Do you have a budget in mind?

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
06 January 2015 10:41
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

... and are you after a macro one or 'fashion' one?
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

CBP is off-line
06 January 2015 11:19
cbp
Photographer

County Durham
STOCKTON ON TEES

Hi

I have a Bowens Ringflash and 2400 generator for sale, please message me with an email address and I will send some images.

G.Brown

richardu is off-line
06 January 2015 13:29
richardu
Photographer

Hertfordshire
Baldock

Quote from RedChecker
... and are you after a macro one or 'fashion' one?

Its for fashion/glamour

richardu is off-line
06 January 2015 13:30
richardu
Photographer

Hertfordshire
Baldock

Quote from EllessePhotography
For what camera system?
Do you have a budget in mind?

Nikon DSLR

14 January 2015 13:48
paulbatterbury
Photographer

what sort of weight do you have in mind, is it just for shooting in the studio, or out on location and do you want it light enough to take on a plane?
Kind Regards Paul http://www.paul-batterbury.com

richardu is off-line
14 January 2015 17:17
richardu
Photographer

Hertfordshire
Baldock

Quote from paulbatterbury
what sort of weight do you have in mind, is it just for shooting in the studio, or out on location and do you want it light enough to take on a plane?

I've just put a deposit on one, but thanks for asking, its for fashion.

rick Unger

15 January 2015 04:55
paulbatterbury
Photographer

Regardless of what type of “style” of photography you consider shoot with it, I asked you what type of ring flash you wanted and weight.

It seems to me you done no research on it, and think or feel that a ring flash is the answer to some of your lighting issues. There are a number of different ring flashes that do different jobs. Someone on the thread as already point out macro, which I have seen in the past some nice portrait shots and work done with one of those as keeping in mind you don’t want to get in to someone face with a 300watt flash, unless you want to damage their eyesight.

Then there are 3000watt studio ring flashes, that (like all) it dependent on a generator, but are mains powered, meaning you cannot go out on location, as some fashion work will require you to do so at time.

There is then the mobile battery generator, which use a lower power ring 1200 – 1500 watt. Giving you the option of working in the studio of the battery or main and the freedom of location work.

And there are those that are lightweight enough, so if you were fly aboard to shoot, it would not cost you some much with pack in your luggage on the weight side.

The ring flash is just another tool, it will not make you a great photographer, and will not become an overnight success sue to using one, I say this because I know that many people go out and buy a ring flash as they hope it is the answer to photography of lighting issues, and then produce very flat and harsh light images, but is you are going to get one for the right reason, then make sure it is flexible to do as many jobs, and styles as possible, do you research and do not buy a cheap one.
Kind Regards Paul http://www.paul-batterbury.com

marlham is off-line
15 January 2015 05:24
marlhamphoto
Photographer
This member has been reset to pending
marlhamphoto
Kent
Canterbury

Quote from paulbatterbury
..keeping in mind you don’t want to get in to someone face with a 300watt flash, unless you want to damage their eyesight.

That's an important point. Don't expect your model to endure an onslaught of continuous ringflash as you might with other lights. She'll probably decline to work with you ever again, or maybe she'll just strangle you. Then there's the inevitable red-eye to contend with too.

2 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Hann
gordon