Reminder Secure

models with freckles ? question over skin

This thread is being watched by 1 person
08 December 2014 03:41
gedimage
Photographer

Last month I found a lovely new model a real beauty the shoot was great and aiming for more next year.

On the day I didn't notice her freckles on processing I normal try and beautify the skin every technique I tried the freckles show up even more

A question if I completely redo her skin I'm not keeping her true character. So do we show the the true model or show a image just to stop the comments on her skin

I would like other models, togs, mua views as it held up my processing looking for the answer and still find it a answer very difficult.

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
08 December 2014 03:42
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Do what you want, they're your images.
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

Profile Pictures is off-line
08 December 2014 03:45
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Suffolk
Bury St Edmunds

Freckles are often pretty cool looking, I think if you don't appreciate them its probably best to shoot people without freckles. Im not certain how you managed to shoot someone with a camera and not notice their facehad freckles in any case? Apologies in advance for what reads as a stupid answer to a stupid question.

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
08 December 2014 03:53
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

If you're doing a B&W conversion... make the red & yellow channels stronger as this will virtually eliminate them..
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

Paul Hodson is off-line
08 December 2014 12:40
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Quote from RedChecker
Do what you want, they're your images.

Of course if it was TF they are still your images but I would hesitate to try and remove them.

Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

w4pictures is off-line
08 December 2014 12:50
w4pictures
Photographer
w4pictures
London
Chiswick

Can you post an image of the offending freckles?

Anthonygh is off-line
08 December 2014 12:54
anthonyh
Photographer

Kent

Obviously a filter will reduce them.....but why bother? I have seen some lovely head shots over the years from freckly models....

08 December 2014 13:04
Jackass
Photographer

Freckles are lovely, I wouldn't dream of trying to remove them
If it walks like a duck, and talks like a duck, it could be my ex wife.

08 December 2014 15:18
gedimage
Photographer

I agree jackass in the end I didn't touch them for two reasons one I found her one of the most beautiful ladies j have had the pleasure To pphotography . Also we agreed and discussed in great depth shoots for next year even the mua has agreed locations.
So I didn't notice because I found her such a delight on a chilly November day. Also the pictures are attracting fantastic remarks for her and me.
So I might be on winter rest but had a fantastic years once again with my photography and look forward to next year.
Well they do say your as good as your last pictures and I will dance on the ceiling for what I shot

Chrissie Red is off-line
08 December 2014 16:38
Chrissie_Red
Model
Chrissie_Red
Tayside
Perthshire

If you shoot freckles "right" they can be the most beautiful thing EVER.

As a model with freckles I find that usually they aren't photographed to their "best" - I've found that harsh lighting really doesn't make freckles look very beautiful and that "less is more" when it comes to photoshopping said freckles.

Natural light + minimal editing + freckles is a beautiful combination.

29 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Ashleighmckenzie Carliegomez24 kacie REDXXX toxicinnocence
antoinewynn davewilliams david1500 Dolayley flawless_photo gshocker30 gunnergraham gwentman humphries hylander iestyn jackw jonnywoo Jph1954 kalixte mike0048 nickdandalos orca_photography Pendragon140994 rscott360 Spiritofwales stevegosh Studio1 tonycsm