New to Modelling

Bambi77 is off-line
07 December 2014 03:37
Bambi77
Model

Kent
Dover

Hi everyone

I'm still quite new to modelling, having nearly a year of shoots.
My portfolio is starting to come together now, but if anyone has any advice, comments or suggestions, they would be gratefully received.

I have a few shoots coming up in the New Year, and any advice would be great. Thank you for taking the time to read

Profile Pictures is off-line
08 December 2014 03:15
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Suffolk
Bury St Edmunds

You've a couple of OK looking pictures and a couple of others which at least give a clear impression of your look, but largely this collection feels pretty dated and probably doesn't present you at your best. Its easy to suggest this is the fault of those who've shot you, but equally ( since you offer tf) its about your choice of who to work with. Could do much better I think.

08 December 2014 10:15
fredphoto
Photographer

You have some images that are good glamour type images. Not that I am much of a judge of that genre.

The images by Mr Brown are the ones that don't quite showcase you at your best. I'm thinking that the make-up and hair choices don't fit the lingerie/glamour genre well. Now the one of you across the bed shows a MU/hair that fits.

I would try to add more artistic,outdoor locations with the natural look. You have strong, and interesting facial features, I find them quite beautiful! I would love to see a shot of you scrambing about on the rocks of a ocean shoreline! (or in the woods of Virginia Cheers, Fred

w4pictures is off-line
08 December 2014 13:09
w4pictures
Photographer
w4pictures
London
Chiswick

As above, some of your pictures are great - the glam ones particularly, and I quite like the last of the Brian Brown ones in the blue set, probably you have such a good smile.

If I were to suggest any pruning, it would be the B&W of you in the leather? jacket on the bed and also the gothic one.

A few shoots will add variety to your port so why not mix it up with art, lifestyle, lingerie and glamour until you find out where your strengths and comforts lie.

Mike Blissett is off-line
11 December 2014 09:28
MikeBee
Photographer

Kent
Canterbury

Can only agree with both Fredphoto and w4pictures but then you now need to look for that contrast in your images and move forward and find shoots with more creative photographers. Finding that magic and that all important wow factor only comes from experience and given time you should find what your looking for.

HarryC is off-lineSilver Member
14 December 2014 10:53
HarryC
Photographer
HarryC
Bedfordshire
BEDFORD

Well I think they have all said what the current situation is so I will not simply repeat what they have said although I agree with 99.9%.

May I suggest, at fear of being castigated by other models, that you actually contact a couple of really good photographers and pay for a couple of sessions to get you a couple of things.
1. Some excellent images for your portfolio that will show you at your best and
2. Get you some experience of posing both in a studio situation and on a location or two!

Hope this helps.

Harry

25 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
chosin lynnesel VictoriaClaire
Antz BOBREEVES BOZZ daseinphoto diphoto dorrian eyecandiphotography geoffmarchant HarishPadalia jimbob Johno1 markeos50d Moz777 normant Oberonfoto Pictureimage rscott360 steveh32 StuartCollinsPhoto Studio1 talldave68 Willy_O