Reminder Secure

Comments and constructive criticism welcome!

This thread is being watched by 1 person
Peachy Taylor is off-line
05 December 2014 05:59
PeachyTaylor
Model
This member has been suspended
This member has been reset to pending
PeachyTaylor
Suffolk
Norwich/Ipswich/Thetford

Hello all,

Could you guys look at my profile and let me know what you guys like about it and what you'd change please?

Many thanks

Hannah

marlham is off-line
05 December 2014 06:12
marlhamphoto
Photographer
marlhamphoto
Kent
Canterbury

This is lovely, my favourite:

The three nudes, apart from all being very similar, are more glam as well as being a bit naff IMO. They don't sit comfortably with the rest of your port which would be classier without them I think.

Good luck

marlham is off-line
05 December 2014 06:31
marlhamphoto
Photographer
marlhamphoto
Kent
Canterbury

Spotted this in your portfolio elsewhere - it's lovely too:

Profile Pictures is off-line
05 December 2014 08:39
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Suffolk
Bury St Edmunds

Having shot with you, a photogenic and hardworking person and with a definite potential to make very good work.

The nudes shown don't do you justice I feel, a good figure but very average photography, you can certainly attract better collaborations and should do so.

You know my feelings about failing to credit photographers after TF arrangements already.

05 December 2014 19:36
PaulManuell
Photographer

Love the 'That feeling when you see him...' shot and the nude from the waist up colour one.

08 December 2014 10:19
paule
Photographer

nice natural look..

15 December 2014 03:10
PeachyTaylor
Model
PeachyTaylor
Suffolk
Norwich/Ipswich/Thetford

Quote from marlhamphoto
This is lovely, my favourite:

The three nudes, apart from all being very similar, are more glam as well as being a bit naff IMO. They don't sit comfortably with the rest of your port which would be classier without them I think.

Good luck

Thank you for your input, I'll take it all in

15 December 2014 03:12
PeachyTaylor
Model
PeachyTaylor
Suffolk
Norwich/Ipswich/Thetford

Quote from profilepictures
Having shot with you, a photogenic and hardworking person and with a definite potential to make very good work.

The nudes shown don't do you justice I feel, a good figure but very average photography, you can certainly attract better collaborations and should do so.

You know my feelings about failing to credit photographers after TF arrangements already.

You are credited on the photo so felt to need to put your real name as you use 'profile pictures' just to clarify. Thanks for comments.

15 December 2014 03:14
PeachyTaylor
Model
PeachyTaylor
Suffolk
Norwich/Ipswich/Thetford

Thank you all for your lovely comments I really appreciate it. I class myself as a slightly experienced novice so any help will go a long way!

marlham is off-line
15 December 2014 09:31
marlhamphoto
Photographer
marlhamphoto
Kent
Canterbury

Quote from PeachyTaylor
You are credited on the photo so felt to need to put your real name as you use 'profile pictures' just to clarify. Thanks for comments.

Without wishing to inflame a situation which is obviously a bone of contention between you, at least to some extent, you need to be aware that a photographer has the statutory right to be identified so long as that right has been properly asserted. The relevant legislation is sections 77 and 78 of the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988:

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1988/48/part/I/chapter/IV/crossheading/right-to-be-identified-as-author-or-director

In a nutshell - one way (there are others) in which a photographer may properly assert his right to be attributed is by identifying himself in a copy of the image - see s78 (3) (a). The photographer in question has clearly done that by including a logo in the image. Hence s77 (4) (a) applies and whenever the image is published commercially or exhibited publicly then he must be identified in any reasonable form.

So, in the case of images displayed on modelling sites, identifying the photographer by linking to his portfolio on that site (so far as that's possible) is not only a reasonable request but it's also his right (when properly asserted).

As I said - I'm not trying to inflame a situation - but since you describe yourself as relatively new it's as good an opportunity as any to point out some of the legal framework within which photography is conducted.

29 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Ashleighmckenzie Chloejade25 LunaDaze
Argentiq bbphotos colinpierce Dave@studio99 djb1 dorrian eyecandiphotography geoffmarchant GSC4X James7799 john_at_tina_spice Kjoservices lenscape marty55uk mauricesimagery mike0048 nik300 philippahh ron siclews stevegosh steveh32 thelook vapourtrail vincent Willjamieson