Reminder Secure

Any Epson 3880 experts here?

Paul Crick is off-line
19 November 2014 08:11
PaulCrick
Photographer

North Yorkshire
Malton

That is right, you need to print on a larger piece of paper to use the center in PS, so if your image is A4 and you tell the printer that it is A4 and then in PS reduce it to A6 which I think would be 25% size and centered, then it should print out an A6 image in the center of an A4 page, otherwise you have to create a template in PS to print it on the page where you want it to print.

Pict is off-line
19 November 2014 08:12
Pict
Photographer
Pict
Kent
Rochester

If you tick the "centre image" box in photoshop the print will be centred. No need to select anything in the Epson print driver and I cant see that process being an issue for short print runs as photoshop will also remember your last settings used unless you close the application from what I remember.

Not sure if you still can but a while back Cs2 was a free download from Adobe btw.

Chris is off-line
20 November 2014 18:44
CCP
Photographer
CCP
Essex
Near East London

Quote from PaulCrick
That is right, you need to print on a larger piece of paper to use the center in PS, so if your image is A4 and you tell the printer that it is A4 and then in PS reduce it to A6 which I think would be 25% size and centered, then it should print out an A6 image in the center of an A4 page, otherwise you have to create a template in PS to print it on the page where you want it to print.

The reason I've been trying to print on A6 paper is to save money on ink and paper while testing the printer, so I don't mess up large prints. If I were to print A6 on A4 paper, that wouldn't solve my problem. It's a waste of A4 paper. Thanks anyway.  smiley

Chris is off-line
20 November 2014 18:52
CCP
Photographer
CCP
Essex
Near East London

Quote from Pict
If you tick the "centre image" box in photoshop the print will be centred. No need to select anything in the Epson print driver and I cant see that process being an issue for short print runs as photoshop will also remember your last settings used unless you close the application from what I remember. Not sure if you still can but a while back Cs2 was a free download from Adobe btw.

Thanks for the free Cs2 tip. I got Lightroom downloaded last night, so I will try that tomorrow. Ticking the center box in Photoshop didn't work, as I explained earlier. I got it almost centre, but not quite there. If I didn't have two other printers which print perfectly fine centred, I would seriously question my own brain cell count. 

Chris is off-line
21 November 2014 16:10
CCP
Photographer
CCP
Essex
Near East London

Just wanted to say, I want to give a massive thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread, with advice and help. The problem is now solved. I downloaded Lightroom the other evening, and this has done the perfect job. The preview window in Lightroom is great and prints nice and centred, but I should point out, that in the epson driver settings, it needs to be set as 'Same as paper', rather than A5 to A5 etc etc, otherwise it still doesn't print centred.

I don't know what was going wrong with my Photoshop elements, that was printing almost centre, possibly me not doing something right, as I don't usually use Photoshop. But the free Gimp I've been using for a while was the main problem. So Lightroom is the perfect solution for me.

Just thought I'd mention, a few people here maybe wondering why I have taken so long to buy this printer and get Lightroom. As I was banging on about both months ago. Asking which to buy etc. Well I spent the last few months waiting for hospital appointments, waiting to find out finally whether or not I had cancer. I stopped spending any money just in case I needed to sell everything I had, to make final arrangements for my funeral etc. A few weeks ago, I got results back letting me know I was all clear, so could finally get back to living a normal life. Anyway, so that's why I delayed buying the printer, and getting Lightroom also, and hadn't booked any models recently.

So, everything is now good! Thanks again, you were more help than epson.

Liteangle is off-lineSilver Member
21 November 2014 16:13
Liteangle
Photographer
Liteangle
Berkshire
Wokingham

Delighted to hear you are clear of your health scare. I've been there myself so I can sympathise. Enjoy your new printer and LR

Chris is off-line
21 November 2014 16:18
CCP
Photographer
CCP
Essex
Near East London

Quote from Liteangle
Delighted to hear you are clear of your health scare. I've been there myself so I can sympathise. Enjoy your new printer and LR

Thanks, I appreciate it. I think too many of us go through it sometime in our lives. I will enjoy myself for sure.  

33 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
MissCaraJane RoxyMendez
3rd_Angle andygstudios anthonyh bbphotos Belemboo Clickrshots cliffc davejohn davkit djb1 Funder005 JRFox Ladiesman Matt1988 mlp nemesis Platidonio Pmeswani poah redbaron rscott360 RupertRudd simpson_shoots sinimiphotography skymouse Tarmoo Thelfcdude888 thestarglider xposed zzdigital
Matt