This thread is currently locked
Iain Thomson is off-linePlatinum Member
13 September 2014 09:03
IainT
Photographer
IainT
Bedfordshire

Quote from Socialdisaster

Well, tbh, if that's the case most level headed people wouldn't leave a blue face.

I'm not going to discuss the reasons on an open forum, but its the first and only time I have left a blue face for a cancellation.
I tend to be a modest man, but then I do have a lot to be modest about.

13 September 2014 10:13
ToryLush
Model

I will explain the reason for the cancellation with Iian, 2 days before the shoot my mother surprised me with a surprise holiday, to lanzarote, i only had 2 days before the flight and she had no idea that i had 2 shoots booked which i had to cancel, the second i found out about the holiday i let both togs know, i never let people down, if i'm going to a shoot then i go, but this was out of my hands, i had only 2 days to get myself and my children ready for the holiday.
I do feel the bad feedback is slightly unfair to be honest. but what can i do? hope this answers peoples questions,
Tory x

HowardJ is off-line
13 September 2014 10:55
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
Surrey
West Midlands

Quote from ToryLush
I will explain the reason for the cancellation with Iian, 2 days before the shoot my mother surprised me with a surprise holiday, to lanzarote, i only had 2 days before the flight and she had no idea that i had 2 shoots booked which i had to cancel, the second i found out about the holiday i let both togs know, i never let people down, if i'm going to a shoot then i go, but this was out of my hands, i had only 2 days to get myself and my children ready for the holiday.
I do feel the bad feedback is slightly unfair to be honest. but what can i do? hope this answers peoples questions,
Tory x

It does seem a little unfair to me. A reschedule should have been possible and the drama could have been avoided.

13 September 2014 11:52
IainT
Photographer
IainT
Bedfordshire

Quote from HowardJ

It does seem a little unfair to me. A reschedule should have been possible and the drama could have been avoided.

I hate bringing private dealings on to a forum but as the models account of why she received the cancellation referrence is catagorically untrue, I have no choice but to set the record straight.

If what the model says was correct, yes it would be unfair to leave the feedback and I would not have done so. I have never felt the need to before.

She did not contact me to advise me of the situation, had she done so, I would have been happy to reschedule, particularly as I had several days work for her, so as it stands we are both considerably out of pocket.

I contacted her the evening previous to the shoot. Had I not contacted her, it would almost certainly have been a no-show, hence the late cancellation feedback. Normally I would understand the situation and reschedule, but my feeling is that she would have no-showed had I not initiated contact, given that she had 2 days in which to contact me to advise me of the situation.

13 September 2014 12:44
ToryLush
Model

CONTENT REMOVED BY ADMIN
PLEASE DO NOT PASTE PERSONAL PM /   CORRESPONDENCE IN THE FORUMS 

marlham is off-line
13 September 2014 12:52
marlhamphoto
Photographer
This member has been reset to pending
marlhamphoto
Kent
Canterbury

Quote from ToryLush
I do feel the bad feedback is slightly unfair to be honest. but what can i do?

To be honest if the circumstances Iain describes are accurate (and I don't believe he'd lie about it) I'd probably have done the same. And I've never left anyone bad feedback before either.

As to what you can do about it - that all depends on what you can sort out with Iain. I have known models to rebook with a photographer following bad feedback with the result that the bad feedback was overwritten with new good feedback. But I also know that some photographers have just been burnt twice when they've given the model a second chance.

Sane and sensible people can usually reach a satisfactory resolution but it looks like the ball's in your court at the moment.

13 September 2014 12:53
ToryLush
Model

CONTENT REMOVED BY ADMIN
PLEASE DO NOT PASTE PERSONAL PM /   CORRESPONDENCE IN THE FORUMS 

HowardJ is off-line
13 September 2014 13:12
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
Surrey
West Midlands

Quote from ToryLush
what your saying is incorrect????

----

It is often difficult/impossible to find another model suitable for the job at a day's notice. Had it been a couple of days' notice then something might have been possible.

In these email situations a phone call is sometimes better and more reliable.

However I guess it may not have actually cost Iain the job. It should have just delayed it a few weeks, which admittedly may cause a cash flow situation downstream as there would be a delay in the flow of cash for the job.

I guess you live and learn.

13 September 2014 13:23
IainT
Photographer
IainT
Bedfordshire

Quote from ToryLush
what your saying is incorrect????

REMOVED ...

Hi Iain, you are going to so hate me but i not going to be able to come tomorrow, 

Dated the day before???????

You wrote that message in response to the message I sent you that day to make sure you were coming...as I say, I suspect that had I not initiated contact the day before the shoot you would not have got in touch at all. You had plenty time to get in touch with reasonable notice.

I would also advise you strongly to put the spade down and stop digging as no good ever comes of washing dirty laundry in public.

Purestorm is off-line
13 September 2014 18:42
Purestorm
Photographer

East Sussex

We are Locking this thread to prevent it running out of control.

If anything this topic underscores four things:-

☼ Members should use internal mail to cancel shoots at the earliest opportunity.

☼ Members should try to resolve differences privately rather than publicly.

☼ Members should request Feedback Arbitration if they contest a Negative Recommendation.

☼ We have a thankless task trying to administrate even our simple Recommendations system.

2 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
freddie talldave68