Reminder Secure

New pics up, would love some feedback off you guys please. thank you xx

This thread is currently locked
12 September 2014 15:37
ToryLush
Model

Hi guys, i would love some feedback on my pics on my portfolio please, just be honest, i want to be doing things right so i need as much input from you guys as i can, if you have any new ideas i'd love to hear them, if you want to shoot with me give me a shout, i am always looking for fresh,new ideas /themes to have a go at.. don't be shy come and have a look at my images and tell me what you think? thank you so much xx
Tory

marlham is off-line
12 September 2014 16:07
marlhamphoto
Photographer
This member has been reset to pending
marlhamphoto
Kent
Canterbury

Are you cropping pictures for your port after they've been given to you by the photographer? From a photographer's point of view quite a few of your images feel uncomfortably cropped and some exhibit odd perspectives.

Shame about the blue face

12 September 2014 17:17
ToryLush
Model

ohh blue face on which image? i have cropped a couple with the permission of the tog tho, hey these are the comments i want, i need to fine tune what i am doing so all comments welcome. x

Profile Pictures is off-line
12 September 2014 17:45
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Suffolk
Bury St Edmunds

Well, that was surprising. First glance I thought 'ok, not a face I recognise' and then thought what an excellent glamour face and figure. I was then surprised how dull your portfolio felt, kinda bland, not bad, but nowhere near as good as it should be.
Ian's negative reference is gonna bite hard too.

I'm confused finally, I don't shoot glamour really but could easily see you making those pictures much better, and other more varied and interested shots too ( particularly if you TF a little) so I'm wondering if you don't get much work offered it if maybe you ought to broaden your horizons a bit to boost your profile?

redbaron is onlineSilver Member
13 September 2014 01:44
redbaron
Photographer
redbaron
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

To be honest I don't agree with one single word above. I find it a fresh change to look at a model portfolio where the images are not all savagely attacked with OTT softening. Which means I get a better idea of what to expect on hiring. I have no problem with close crops and think the soft cross process/cooled shadows on the portrait works well.

There are some images I would consider removing. One of the close crops and the standing lingerie shot are badly pixilated at full size. You only appear to have one arm in another by the window.

I would like to see how you coped doing art nude, assuming that is an area you target. So some images in that genre would be useful. Ditto Gothic, hair and fitness. Photographers covering these genres would expect to see images to show you can do them
Photography and Studio hire www.immortaleye.co.uk

John Bamford is off-linePlatinum Member
13 September 2014 04:41
bamfordphotography
Photographer
bamfordphotography
South Yorkshire
doncaster

I really like your portfolio.

Only think id change is to have a different image as your main one.You have quite a few realy stunning ones i love.

Thats just my thought and i suppose its down to your own choice.

Nice work,lovely port.

john
It's a small world but i wouldn't wanna paint it.

HowardJ is off-line
13 September 2014 05:44
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
Surrey
West Midlands

Good variety of images which show your figure. Looks good to me.

13 September 2014 07:15
Socialdisaster
Photographer

I'll be honest, I didn't get further than a negative comment by IainT.

I can't imagine a worse negative comment to have. He's probably one of the biggest names on here.
Modesty is just arrogance in stealth mode

HowardJ is off-line
13 September 2014 07:26
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
Surrey
West Midlands

Quote from Socialdisaster
I'll be honest, I didn't get further than a negative comment by IainT.

I can't imagine a worse negative comment to have. He's probably one of the biggest names on here.

It totally depends on the reason for the cancellation. It may be inconvenient but sometimes HowardJ is a naughty person just happens that's not in anyone's control.

13 September 2014 08:31
Socialdisaster
Photographer

Quote from HowardJ

It totally depends on the reason for the cancellation. It may be inconvenient but sometimes Socialdisaster is a naughty person just happens that's not in anyone's control.

Well, tbh, if that's the case most level headed people wouldn't leave a blue face.

Modesty is just arrogance in stealth mode

29 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
bonni_cuffs ElleLaura kacie QueenDeeVa01 RoxyMendez skykantara1
ad360photo asnphotography Bane711 BOBREEVES dave2008 davejohn fineprint hylander IanHighlander Ianparker1 Jpdo jyp Kjoservices liteangle moritz78 oscar pmeswani redbaron Swyftie thelook Thestarglider tms tonyjolley