Reminder Secure

Portfoilio Update (polase review) and IM MOVING!! :-)

RoxyMendez is off-lineSilver Member
26 August 2014 06:13
RoxyMendez
Model
RoxyMendez
Worcestershire
Malvern

Hi all!

I have recently updated my Porfolio and I am looking for some feedback please

Also, just a note to let everyone know that i'm moving back down south to Worcestershire, before Christmas. I hope there will be more work for me down there as up here in Scotland, there's not so much.

Thanks in advance for feedback!

Roxy

marlham is off-line
26 August 2014 08:33
marlhamphoto
Photographer
This member has been reset to pending
marlhamphoto
Kent
Canterbury

It looks workmanlike and accomplished on the whole. Having said that this one looks out of place:

and your outdoor arty-nudes are on the weak side I'd say:

Other than that what's not to like?

Good luck with your re-location

Jaye  is off-line
26 August 2014 09:17
jessicard
Model
jessicard
Vale of Glamorgan
Cardiff

I think all your portfolio is hot! You're one of my favourite models - I love your look and figure.

Hope the move goes well for you
http://jayerose.tumblr.com/

26 August 2014 09:35
RoxyMendez
Model
RoxyMendez
Worcestershire
Malvern

Thank you marlhamphoto

Jessicard - thanks ever so much! You're one of my favourites too. Hopefully soon we can work together! X

SHP is off-lineGold Member
26 August 2014 09:36
SteveH32
Photographer
SteveH32
Cheshire
Wirral

Be glad to have you back down here Rox
I agree, some good ones there
S

Profile Pictures is off-line
26 August 2014 10:58
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Suffolk
Bury St Edmunds

I'm thinking you've accomplished an aim via the publications listed and probably continue to attract higher level work, but I'd expect could comfortably achieve more in other genres. It might be satisfying enough to have made a useful career, but it'd be cool to see more high impact pictures too. Call it artsy or whatever, but I think you'd pull that off easily enough If you aimed for it.

26 August 2014 11:04
RoxyMendez
Model
RoxyMendez
Worcestershire
Malvern

Thank you. Yes you're right. I do want to steer away from adult work and do more edgy, arty, creative stuff! I'm dying to do high end fashion stuff etc!

Hopefully in the near future

Thanks for feedback.

Roxy

Glasgow Photographer is off-line
26 August 2014 11:57
GlasgowPhotographer
Photographer
GlasgowPhotographer
Strathclyde
Glasgow

I think the problem is similar all over the UK. Plenty of work really, but not much that anyone wants to pay money for. All I see on the FB pages and calls is "TF". Other than that it is cut-throat.
Regards, George http://www.monapics.com/html/blog.html

marlham is off-line
26 August 2014 12:57
marlhamphoto
Photographer
marlhamphoto
Kent
Canterbury

Quote from GlasgowPhotographer
I think the problem is similar all over the UK. Plenty of work really, but not much that anyone wants to pay money for. All I see on the FB pages and calls is "TF". Other than that it is cut-throat.

It's not really 'work' though is it. It's just like-minded people meeting up to create images from their respective sides of the camera purely for their own pleasure - a hobby. 'Work' in that context is a misnomer IMO - neither party expects to be paid to deliver a marketable product to a client.

If a photographer describes himself on model sites as semii-pro or pro then of course there's a natural expectation that he's producing images for financial gain and therefore the model should rightfully expect to be paid. Whereas amongst amateur photographers - those who have no market for their images - TF is the ever-increasing norm.

salfordtog is off-line
28 August 2014 11:23
salfordtog
Photographer

Greater Manchester

The work is great and shows a real transition from "glamour" model to someone developing ( hope that doesnt sound to Guardian readerish) but certainly a model who could add loads to a portfolio

34 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
AdelineE blurob Ebbrell1991 ElleLaura mandymack Olivia75
ad360photo AndiCallen anochecer bbphotos bradder Davidhunt duncanpritchard Essexjohn eyecandiphotography James7799 Jamesrichards Jan77 jefflynne jonnywoo JOOPninja kaosrox kimsandman2 Kjoservices Ladiesman Lssm2 mtkxproject Photokirk1 rod_m99 siclews sophieart two_stops Willy_O
photo39