Reminder Secure

Let me know what you think!

This thread is being watched by 1 person
24 August 2014 02:40
Serena040893
Model

Hi guys,

Just wondering what you think about my portfolio? for example, what is your favourite image and what is your least favorite? Is there anything that hasn't been specified that should? etc..

In turn, if you wish.. I can do the same for you

(No mean comments please)

Chrissie Red is off-line
24 August 2014 07:48
Chrissie_Red
Model
Chrissie_Red
Tayside
Perthshire

I think you could do with having a little more variety.

I will say though that you have clearly studied the "artnude" style and your lines are good - especially in this shot - Unfortunately though the photography lets it down and you need to be careful where branches are propping out (especially at your toes) but I like the way you are following the shape of the tree.

Again this one - model wise is good. Nice pose which looks good.

Least favourites are -

Because of the boots

and

because of the awkward position.

and

Would love to see some shots of you from further out, you as part of a dramatic scenery. Maybe some studio work would also be beneficial. Nothing wrong with being versatile but from your portfolio I do think the nude style suits you best and I think you should really focus on improving that side of things by working with other photographers and getting various styles of nudes in your portfolio.

good luck

xx

redbaron is off-lineSilver Member
24 August 2014 09:55
redbaron
Photographer
redbaron
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

In terms of the modelling

1. Be a little more aware of your body. One shot of you leaning on a tree is spoilt a little for me due to the left foot not being extended. You need to point rather than curl toes too.

2. Props and accessories are every bit as important as the posing. The boot shot could have been expanded to give some nice images had you teamed them with some woollen walking socks and tied up the laces properly. As it is we just have a nude in a pair of boots for convenience between sets. Which I suspect is exactly what it was of course

The one lying against the rock is probably my favorite in terms of modelling. The awkward foot and the branch 'amputating' you toe spoil the ones I would otherwise have gone for
Photography and Studio hire www.immortaleye.co.uk

24 August 2014 11:29
Serena040893
Model

Thank you guys, its much appreciated . Will definitely keep these in mind for future shoots.

marlham is off-line
24 August 2014 12:01
marlhamphoto
Photographer
This member has been reset to pending
marlhamphoto
Kent
Canterbury

Main issue is a lack of variety as already mentioned. But if I were you I'd try to find something where you're actually engaging with the camera/viewer (eye contact) even if it's just a simple headshot.

w4pictures is off-line
24 August 2014 12:59
w4pictures
Photographer
w4pictures
London
Chiswick

As above, I particularly like the one where you are sitting with your back to the rock face. the pose has a classic and classy quality. But the quirkiness of some of the others also appeals, the swing of your hair in the hands-and-knees in the road shot and the question why you are standing on a road in the middle of nowhere in the full kit.

What does stand out is your expression which shows confidence. You are clearly comfortable with art nude on location.

That confidence, the dark hair and blue eyes combo and the great figure should ensure a stream of new pictures to add variety to your port.

Good luck!

Profile Pictures is off-line
24 August 2014 16:44
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Suffolk
Bury St Edmunds

Just can't tell really. I see some interesting locations that look like dead certs for a shot, and then it doesn't happen. Can't really see that you're the principal problem, I'd blame the photographer/s but also an engaged and effective model can positively influence a shoot. Maybe find better togs and be more prepared to add a little of your own style to collaborations.

1 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
azurphotos