Reminder Secure

Waterfall Locations

This thread is being watched by 1 person
18 August 2014 07:14
Ron_H
Photographer

Hi guys,

I'm planning a nude waterfall shoot on the 30th. Can anyone recommend a quiet or secluded waterfall? I've found loads of waterfalls on Google Earth in the Lake District but it's hard to tell how bus they get with walkers etc.

Phil Moto is off-lineSilver Member
18 August 2014 21:29
xtiggerx
Photographer
xtiggerx
South Yorkshire
Doncaster

Hi Ron,Dont want to sound as being too obvious but maybe visit possible sites,see how busy they get or how accessible they are,if close to a road they will get visitors.Many photographers who find a remote 'hidden' beauti as in waterfall etc like to keep them to themselves....the location that is...

19 August 2014 02:19
Ron_H
Photographer

Quote from xtiggerx
Hi Ron,Dont want to sound as being too obvious but maybe visit possible sites,see how busy they get or how accessible they are,if close to a road they will get visitors.Many photographers who find a remote 'hidden' beauti as in waterfall etc like to keep them to themselves....the location that is...

That's a great idea in theory (and if I had more time I would), but as I work Mon-Fri it doesn't leave me enough time. Also, I have plans Saturday and Sunday this weekend which leaves me just bank holiday Monday (and the forecast isn't great for this weekend either. Also, as the waterfalls are not that close to each other and are a good 30 mins walk from the road (each) then I'd only get chance to visit a couple anyway.
Not sure why people would keep such a location to themselves, it's not like I'm going to ruin the waterfall by taking photos. I'd share if the situation was reversed.

KHV is off-line
19 August 2014 03:05
Keltica
Photographer
Keltica
London
London

Lots in north Wales although they are known as Rhaeadrau. I have been photographing them for the last year, and they are subject to looking their best when the weather is at it's worst, in other words when it's been Keltica is a naughty person ing with rain for a few days.

Mail me if Snowdonia appeals to you, otherwise there are ones in Derby and Nottingham I believe.

Peter Bailey is off-line
20 August 2014 09:50
bailey_p
Photographer
bailey_p
Cheshire
Manchester

I do prefer Scaleber Force which is located just above SETTLE and has wo little parking areas where you can leave your car and still it from the waterfall below, Having shot there several times I've only seen three people.
One was a photographer and the other visitors were two females who came to photograph the falls.

I did spend a full Friday there and did not see another person other then the Model I was shooting.

For some reason Tuesday and Wednesday were the days of the visitors.

I do know of several other locations and if you fancy a meet up sometime we can go and check them out.

Peter

36 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
infinitelizzy JodieEllen MissCaraJane
ad360photo andygstudios Argentiq bbphotos BOBREEVES bradder chandos chicimages daseinphoto Dave@studio99 Daveinsurrey david1500 djb1 EdT Essexjohn GlasgowPhotographer Ianmcculloch James7799 JRFox Ladiesman liteangle magpie1 mamamiya markeos50d Matt1988 orca_photography panda49 skymouse Sp_digital stevegosh Steveharratt Thunder_Photos
matt