Reminder Secure

Web sites in China blocked (but Purestorm isn't.)

Simon Chan is off-line
12 August 2014 11:56
Chandos
Photographer

Merseyside
Liverpool

Youtube, twitter and Facebook are partly blocked in Mainland China because of the government want some control of contents but also partly because for business reasons by offering rival Chinese service to replace these such as Tencent QQ, Weibo, Renren, Youku.

Simon Chan is off-line
12 August 2014 12:05
Chandos
Photographer

Merseyside
Liverpool

Quote from SuzyMonty
China did a UTube video of me last year...didn't ask me, they just did it...

Got of World wide exposure because of this story...lol...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgD4jgrTGyA&sns=em

Your video news may have been originated from HK not because it is in Cantonese but it has the HK accent. The funny thing was when they describe you coming out of retirement at 50 they milked it a bit and make it sound like an old kung fu master remerged into the world of fighters

Suzy Monty is off-line
12 August 2014 13:56
SuzyMonty
Model
SuzyMonty
Cornwall
Truro Cornwall -enjoy travelling! -Published Internationally

Quote from Chandos
Your video news may have been originated from HK not because it is in Cantonese but it has the HK accent. The funny thing was when they describe you coming out of retirement at 50 they milked it a bit and make it sound like an old kung fu master remerged into the world of fighters

The ironical thing is, I didn't come out of retirement until the age of 57...all due to the Helen Mirren bikini picture making headlines at the time...a national newspaper sent one of their photographers to picture me on a Cornish beach wearing my bikini, which was subsequenbtly published and set the modelling ball rolling again, as it were.

At the age of 50 I was editor of a Parish Magazine (even got to interview Uri Geller for a special issue)  and modelling was the last thing on my mind...

I first retired at 40, due to a very bad dose of Glandular Fever - gave up modelling and my then, fully licenced model agency and didn't expect to return to the former...ever
So, it's all been rather a bonus, still modelling. I pick and choose what jobs I want to do...no fighting. I try and help newbie models that message me...am a very passive sort of person lol... frown

It's nice that mature models get more of a look in these days, as in my early modelling days, even being 25 was considered old...

Elizabeth Arden quote - 'I'm not interested in age. People who tell their age are silly. You're as old as you feel' OR LOOK...

26 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Alicestar ElleLaura RoxyMendez
AlfieJones chicimages ellessephotography eyecandiphotography idubai2018 JohnDentonPhoto Kjoservices KosupureUK Lenz mike0048 nsw1982 redbaron rscott360 Shootonlocation skymouse stevegosh Steveh32 Steveharratt Swyftie tms WellandPhoto Willjamieson
prpstudios