20 August 2014 14:01
Bob
Photographer
Bob
Devon
Honiton

Quote from mph
Indeed - though with only 3 posts a week here 

But what is more important? Joining in a public bunfight in forums with drama llamas and donkey knights or just getting on with organising shoots with a core of reliable models ... or with photographers if you are that way inclined?
Bob

marlham is off-line
20 August 2014 14:17
marlhamphoto
Photographer
This member has been reset to pending
marlhamphoto
Kent
Canterbury

Quote from Bob
But what is more important? Joining in a public bunfight in forums with drama llamas and donkey knights or just getting on with organising shoots with a core of reliable models ... or with photographers if you are that way inclined?
Bob

You do have a point. Having placed an extremely short notice casting for a model at around 2pm this afternoon I'm delighted to say that I was spoilt for choice - and the model I chose has just left

Matthew G is off-line
21 August 2014 05:35
MG
Photographer
MG
Warwickshire

Just out of interest the other week I went through the casting calls and looked at last years dates to this years. I picked random dates and each date there was around about the same number of casting calls on the same dates this time last year to this time this year. I know this site is a little dated now compared to PP but if you want to a reminder that it's by far not the worst site out there go and have a quick look at net-model :-)

If you want forums and you want to 'have a giraffe' then the PP is the site for you. If you want no nonsense browsing of casting calls and fairly quiet forums then come over here or alternatively you could just use your tab button on your browser and have the best of both worlds...? Just a thought :-)

As for moderators... You'll find both good and bad both sides of the fence I should think...

Paul Hodson is off-line
21 August 2014 07:49
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Quote from Bob
Bob

Indeed - but we were talking about forum behaviour...............laugh

Anyway - I don't think Jules is on here................... wink
Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

RKD Photographic is off-line
21 August 2014 08:30
arkady001
Photographer
arkady001
Germany
Iserlohn

Quote from MG
Just out of interest the other week I went through the casting calls and looked at last years dates to this years. I picked random dates and each date there was around about the same number of casting calls on the same dates this time last year to this time this year. I know this site is a little dated now compared to PP but if you want to a reminder that it's by far not the worst site out there go and have a quick look at net-model :-) If you want forums and you want to 'have a giraffe' then the PP is the site for you. If you want no nonsense browsing of casting calls and fairly quiet forums then come over here or alternatively you could just use your tab button on your browser and have the best of both worlds...? Just a thought :-) As for moderators... You'll find both good and bad both sides of the fence I should think...

It's true... the quickest 'flash-to-bang' when setting up a shoot has always been achieved on here... 3 hours from casting to hitting the shutter button...
I prefer the one-stop-shop though, especially as I know most people I interact with are present on all the main sites in the UK...

"When I hold a camera, I know no fear..." - Alfred Eisenstadt

Pentti Pohjonen is off-lineSilver Member
21 August 2014 08:31
PHP_Photography
Photographer
PHP_Photography
Finland
VAASA

Quote from mph
 I don't think Jules is on here

I knew there was a reason why I like PS more than PP.

Paul Hodson is off-line
21 August 2014 08:51
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Quote from PHP_Photography

smiley
Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

marlham is off-line
21 August 2014 16:55
marlhamphoto
Photographer
This member has been reset to pending
marlhamphoto
Kent
Canterbury

Quote from PHP_Photography

I thought he was one of the few remaining regular forum posters there with any substance or credibility. IMO he deserves a medal for perseverance.

33 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
CJ2015B DareMeDD ElleLaura evajohnson MissCaraJane QueenDeeVa01 Sammy_Louise
BOBREEVES chicimages clearview_photography copperbronze Daveinsurrey gerry99111 goZzee headshots hylander JRFox Kjoservices mikehemmings modelboutique moritz78 myp55 Opalapertures orca_photography redbaron robhillphoto snappychap sniffer stevegosh Stevew1 thelook TinDolls
matt