Reminder Secure

Mkii and Mkiii hands on comparison

10 August 2014 11:54
Catuaba
Photographer

Well I bought a video camera, lower end canon, with the change to keep me going until I can get a camera again and get back on my feet. If I had cash now it would be the mkiii and a 24-105. The video camera is new to me and has been interesting learning. Having a zoom and something designed for the job has certainly made a difference. Albeit quality is a little lower but not massively. Here's a test shot in auto. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6dtW7C1Pt0 Not bad for about 300 quid to keep me entertained until cash flows back. Photo option is terrible but I don't really use that. Low light isn't great. But all round a great camera. Wouldn't hesitate on an xa10 as an addition to dslr in the future. I know the sensor isn't as good but you cant beat the ease of use in comparison to rigs and follow focus.

Matthew G is online
10 August 2014 17:31
MG
Photographer
MG
Warwickshire

I was thinking to myself 'what a prat going and buying a £300 camcorder' but thought id just have a giggle at how rubbish the quality of the HD video is on it.... So looked at your youtube and all, I can say is fanbloodytastic quality. im sure it has its limitations but for £300 a great bit of kit. I sometimes like using inferior kit.... A bit like getting a speed record ina mini rather than a ferarri :-)

10 August 2014 17:39
Catuaba
Photographer

Lol, I actually went there to get the 1200d is it? To keep me going until the cameras back, then I saw it and thought that's not bad quality actually. It's quite surprised me. I suppose it's how you use them too. I'm only learning but I've seen decent footage on phones these days. Ties me over until the pride and joy are back.

19 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
ElleLaura NikkiLouise93
ad360photo AndiCallen chicimages djb1 duncanjames GGDP_Photography laurencejpower mauricesimagery mg michaelangelo peterh Roundhouse Stoker Thunder_Photos Tom60 Vinceb Willy_O