Reminder Secure

video light or lights needed

Moorlane is off-line
07 July 2014 07:31
Moorlane
Photographer

Greater Manchester

I am looking to get hold of some video lights for work in a studio next week .Everything on fleabay seems to be from the other side of the world...can anyone recommend a UK supplier? Cheers

redbaron is off-lineSilver Member
07 July 2014 07:42
redbaron
Photographer
redbaron
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

If you check Amazon.co.uk there are or at least were some independents that supply via Amazon for immediate despatch in this country

This is one I bought for messing around in the studio  Available next day but you will need to get a battery seperately unless you happen to have one.
Photography and Studio hire www.immortaleye.co.uk

Bill_M is off-line
07 July 2014 09:01
Bill_M
Photographer

Lanarkshire

Calumet stock video lights.

Imagefield is off-line
09 July 2014 13:30
Imagefield
Photographer
Imagefield
Greater Manchester
Manchester

Just bought some from flea bay that were allegedly from a Portsmouth based supplier.

However they were from a Chinese supplier who Im reasonably sure was based in the UK as they arrived in 2 working days via Fedex
They also has a warehouse in Germany

Incredibly cheap for not bad quality; being under £150 for equivalent 3000w of lighting makes them almost disposable!

I also had a problem with one of the bulbs being bust which they worked hard to sort out

w4pictures is off-line
09 July 2014 16:04
w4pictures
Photographer
w4pictures
London
Chiswick

I've a couple of small and neat, well-made German 300w lamps I don't use. I've only used 60w bulbs in them as back lights. They seem to get hot with 300w bulbs. I have plenty of bulbs, dichroics and the lamps have safety glass in them, barn doors, flood and spot, one stand, camera mounts and handles etc.

Let me know if you're interested

gaffer is off-line
10 July 2014 14:40
gaffer
Photographer
gaffer
East Yorkshire

Maybe too late but is this of any use? Around £75

Unomat LX500 GS - new unused boxed
1000 watt mains operated halogen video light.

Zoom flood to spot

Fan cooled

Full/half power

Barn doors

Tilting hand grip

Tripod bush

Mounting bracket

Moorlane is off-line
10 July 2014 20:15
Moorlane
Photographer

Greater Manchester

thanks everyone for all your help and advice- much appreciated !

scubie is off-lineSilver Member
13 July 2014 11:19
scubie
Photographer
scubie
West Sussex
worthing

I've been using 85watt ( 500watt ) fluorescent bulbs,Daylight balanced at 5800. just replace the modelling bulbs in studio flash heads, and can the use existing reflectors etc.Run very cool. I found using two bulbs in studio ample. This my latest effort using that set up. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i45Flxl0jgU

Doug

12 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Argentiq Dphphotography FirstLifePhotography George99 keltica martinchristie photostevo redtail Ross85 scottmcccxiv Thunder_Photos TinDolls