Reminder Secure

Fish Eye/Ultra Wide angle lens advice req.

This thread is being watched by 1 person
Phil Moto is off-lineSilver Member
27 June 2014 07:54
xtiggerx
Photographer
xtiggerx
South Yorkshire
Doncaster

This is a request for advice into use of or suitability of using a fish eye lens or ultra wide lens for my Olympus E500 mainly to shoot internal rooms-bathrooms/small rooms for a estate agent.

Ive looked into used items- Olympus 9mm-18mm or a Olympus 8mm Fish eye.......and also a Samyang 8mm fish eye NEW which is very good value but anyone else used this lens....

Ive contemplated buying a decent but "cheap"-under £500 CSC/compact and add a fish eye attachment/lens......What ive found is the Pentax Q7 5-15mm +15-45mm for £500 and the Pentax 03 toy Fish Eye for £79....again anyone used this or another similar outfit....

Lastly if a E500 user has a Fish Eye lens i could trial and within 75/100miles of Thorne............

David J Severn is off-line
27 June 2014 14:00
nikondave
Photographer
nikondave
Derbyshire
Derby

Your verticles are gonna go ape,
I'd shoot 20mm and pan
David J Severn Keeping Life in Focus

Matt . is off-line
28 June 2014 02:37
MLP
Photographer

Nottinghamshire
Nr Nottingham

I shoot rooms regular along such lines and find a 12 - 24 zoom fine; shoot corner to corner and keep the lens horizontal and no problems.

---------------------------------------------- Images are not taken they are created

Will is off-line
28 June 2014 04:06
Photoimager
Photographer
Photoimager
Staffordshire
Stoke-on-Trent

I use the Samyang 8mm on the Fuji X-Pro1 ( 1.5 as opposed to the 2x 'crop' of the Olympus. If you keep the sensor plane parallel to your subject and use an appropriate correction in post then Verticals can be fine. Whilst LR does not have a profile for the Samyang I find the Nikon 10.5mm lens correction is close.

Where there's a Will, there's a way.

Phil Moto is off-lineSilver Member
28 June 2014 07:33
xtiggerx
Photographer
xtiggerx
South Yorkshire
Doncaster

Thanks for comments..the agent actually wants the curved look of the fisheye as it said "others" are doing it,so curved walls are ok lol...

vasquito is off-lineSilver Member
29 June 2014 06:27
vasquito
Photographer
vasquito
Borders

Hi

sorry don't have experience of the Olympus / Pentax options you mention - but I was tempted by the Samyang some time ago - and I have subsequently used it on both full frame (5D3) and cropped (7D) bodies and I consider it to be fabulous value for money. Takes a little getting used to, because it's manual focus and has an Enormous depth of field - hence a bit challenging - but you get used to it, and it's a pretty impressive piece of glass - especially when you consider the price...

V

Rupert Rudd is off-line
29 June 2014 13:35
RupertRudd
Photographer
RupertRudd
East Yorkshire
Hull

If you get a true fish eye you get a circular porthole picture.
Look at wide angle 10 - 20 ish,
A little help is worth a lot of sympathy.

36 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
AdelineE Brightonblonde Carliegomez24 DareMeDD ElleLaura JaneHannah Kacie karenr kategrimsby Terrym2010
ad360photo Andrewmoon bailey_p Blancho bob cliffc davejohn david1500 Essexjohn eyecandiphotography jonlee kizer Ladiesman magpie1 Millzy82 paulgooddy pmeswani redbaron shootsyou sirspread stevegosh Stibnite Swyftie thestarglider Willjamieson
kerandastudio2