Indemnity insurance suggestions.

Profile Pictures is off-line
15 June 2014 10:24
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Suffolk
Bury St Edmunds

I have a quote from Auduki at £105pa for £75k of indemnity assurance for weddings, if anything I was surprised how cheap that seems. Any other recommendations before I pay up?

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
15 June 2014 10:34
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

I take it this doesn't have public liability insurance included (which many, if not most venues will insist on).

It's worth looking at the amount of PA insurance as well. Some venues where I live simply aren't content with the basic £1,000,000 and I've had requirement examples of £2m and 5m.
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

RGBphoto is off-lineSilver Member
15 June 2014 10:45
magpie1
Photographer

Tyne and Wear
Newcastle

Assume this is professional indemnity insurance, you could also try Towergate, as well.

Profile Pictures is off-line
15 June 2014 11:16
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Suffolk
Bury St Edmunds

Thank you, I'll have a look at tower gate.
I've got my public liability with Photoguard currently as I'm loathe to change insurers for my gear ( PL insurance thrown in with that policy) as when I've used Photoguard I've found them first class. I think they'll scale up PL though if needed. Just didn't come up with a very keen price for professional indemnity I thought.

theperfectgentleman is off-line
15 June 2014 12:10
theperfectgentleman
Photographer
theperfectgentleman
Essex
Chelmsford

Quote from profilepictures
Thank you, I'll have a look at tower gate. I've got my public liability with Photoguard currently as I'm loathe to change insurers for my gear ( PL insurance thrown in with that policy) as when I've used Photoguard I've found them first class. I think they'll scale up PL though if needed. Just didn't come up with a very keen price for professional indemnity I thought.

Hi.
Why dont you chalenge your present insurers with your quote.
Insurance is so competative today they will match or better any quote you get.
One word of caution watch the renewal quote.

Stibnite is off-line
16 June 2014 13:25
Stibnite
Photographer
Stibnite
Suffolk
Bury St Edmunds

Glover and Howe are decent you can speak to a human being in Essex and seem to Taylor to your needs, my gear was with them as well so not sure what they will be like on their own.
You don't need eyes to see you need vision...........

2 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
poah portalphotography