Horse for shoot

LowSociety is off-line
26 May 2014 12:01
LowSociety
Photographer
LowSociety
East Yorkshire
Hull

I too have been wanting to do a horse themed shoot for a couple of years, and it still hasn't happened. I'm determined that it will take place one day. Good luck with your shoot - hope you manage to get something sorted.

Suzy Monty is off-line
26 May 2014 12:15
SuzyMonty
Model
SuzyMonty
Cornwall
Truro Cornwall -enjoy travelling! -Published Internationally

Quote from photomagic
I still haven't found a local'ish model who owns a horse or could help out with finding one close enough to me. thanks to all who have tried to help so far. still looking guys.

Two of us have pointed you in the direction of the lovely Becky Blissett who is a wonderful model and owns horses...she lives about 64 miles away from you (Grimsby)...surely that's not too far to travel for the right model?

http://www.purestorm.com/profile.aspx?id=thewizard123

I often travel further than that, for the right photographer frown

Elizabeth Arden quote - 'I'm not interested in age. People who tell their age are silly. You're as old as you feel' OR LOOK...

David Heels is off-line
26 May 2014 12:48
Crippen
Photographer
Crippen
South Yorkshire
Sheffield

Step One) Shoot some horses standing in a field.
Step Two) Shoot some models in a studio, posing on a saddle.
Step Three) Photoshop the images together. Add reigns, muzzle flash coming out of those muskets, dramatic sky, etc. Job done!

Not easy, but compared to running around a field with a step ladder, trying to get the horse to stand in the right position, while you move your lights about...

Dave

Moi is off-line
26 May 2014 13:03
clearview_photography
Photographer
clearview_photography
County Durham
North East

Quote from SuzyMonty
Two of us have pointed you in the direction of the lovely Becky Blissett 

Ah, you can take a horse to water, but.........................................surprise
The most dangerous creation of any society is the man who has nothing to lose." - James Baldwin

LowSociety is off-line
26 May 2014 13:37
LowSociety
Photographer
LowSociety
East Yorkshire
Hull

Having worked with Becky (but not for a shoot with her and her horses), I can certainly vouch for her versatility, professionalism and modelling skills as well as being a thoroughly nice person. In my case, I'd love to work with Becky again, but she wouldn't be the right model for the horse shoot that I want to do.

The person who started this thread may also have a particular style of model that he would like to use for the shoot.

marlham is off-line
26 May 2014 13:47
marlhamphoto
Photographer
This member has been reset to pending
marlhamphoto
Kent
Canterbury

Guys he's not looking for a model to shoot, in the his opening post he says:

"...and dont want the models involved to go off the boil so to speak"

So he already has the models - he's just looking for someone with a horse he can use.

And I think you'll find he won't be traveling very far either, again from his opening post:

"...not sure if the models will be as enthusiastic about travelling"

Moi is off-line
26 May 2014 14:56
clearview_photography
Photographer
clearview_photography
County Durham
North East

Quote from marlhamphoto
............................................ So he already has the models - he's just looking for someone with a horse he can use. And I think you'll find he won't be traveling very far either, again from his opening post: "...not sure if the models will be as enthusiastic about travelling"

So, its more a case of 'You can take a horse to a model but you cant make it pose'

Have many horses said 'neigh'

I guess an important question 'is it hayed' 
The most dangerous creation of any society is the man who has nothing to lose." - James Baldwin

Suzy Monty is off-line
27 May 2014 03:06
SuzyMonty
Model
SuzyMonty
Cornwall
Truro Cornwall -enjoy travelling! -Published Internationally

Maybe someone from here could help Leigh the OP, then...

http://www.rideyorkshire.org/contact-us

They know the horsey world inside out in Yorkshire, or so it would appear from their interesting website...

Worth a go contacting them...

Ironically, I'm staying at a Horse Stud Farm next week, so will ask the owner if she has any connections in Yorkshire that could poss' help frown
Elizabeth Arden quote - 'I'm not interested in age. People who tell their age are silly. You're as old as you feel' OR LOOK...

Jesfish is off-line
27 May 2014 14:55
jes
Model
jes
Suffolk
Lowestoft

Good luck finding girls who will allow other models to use their horses! 

27 May 2014 16:21
photomagic
Photographer

cant answer all the posts at once but just want to say. firstly travel is not a problem for me but doubt very much the involved models will be as enthusiastic. secondly becky does look beautiful and is a superb model but just not right for whats needed. so it has to be the selected models.
I did think about photoshop but im not good enough to pull off such a complex bit of work.
just want to say thank you to all who have offered very helpful comments and suggestions they are very much appreciated.
I will be contacting rideyorkshire in the morning thank you so much guys.

3 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Amylou2595 Hellsbells1987
freddie