Reminder Secure

New plus sized, alternative model seeking thoughts :3

Stacie_Louise is off-line
15 May 2014 17:13
Stacie_Modern
Model

East Sussex
Eastbourne

Hey everyone! i'm a VERY new plus sized, alternative model, so be nice to me! I know my images aren't upto scratch as of yet but i'm working on it! Any advice of what not to do ect ect?

Thank you!! xo

marlham is off-line
15 May 2014 17:35
marlhamphoto
Photographer
This member has been reset to pending
marlhamphoto
Kent
Canterbury

My personal opinion is that you need to change your profile notes. Currently they give the impression that you have significant prior and ongoing issues around your size and how people interact with you. That may well be the case but it's not relevant to a photographer looking for a model. You can either model or you can't. Your stats either suit the job or they don't. At the moment your notes read as if you have little or no confidence and that's not a good selling point for a model.

So turn them around - focus on your strengths and try to portray a more professional, positive and engaging attitude. If you do that more people will be inclined to work with you and you can start to build on your experience and confidence.

Just my opinion, good luck

Jesfish is off-line
15 May 2014 17:50
jes
Model
jes
Suffolk
Lowestoft

Stacie, I don't want to sound harsh but you really need to change your port notes!  You are probably the 1000'th alternative/plus sized model who claims to want to change the way people view models in that genre.  Forget all that...just do your own thing, some people will like it and some wont!  I don't see any relevance to telling everyone you were bullied.  I was bullied for years too but I haven't put that on my profile.  If you want to be taken seriously, you have to promote yourself in a professional manner.  I think you're a very pretty girl )and I love your hair btw) but your images let you down.  If you can work with better photographers I think it'd really help you stand out.  Its worth paying a good photographer to get some great images onto your page.

Best of luck

Jaye  is off-line
16 May 2014 02:19
jessicard
Model
jessicard
Vale of Glamorgan
Cardiff

I think you're very pretty, particularly like your last image and good luck with it all!
http://jayerose.tumblr.com/

Stacie_Louise is off-line
16 May 2014 06:06
Stacie_Modern
Model

East Sussex
Eastbourne

Thank you everyone! Do you have any tips as what i should be putting on my profile? Any help is muchly appreciated!

marlham is off-line
16 May 2014 10:11
marlhamphoto
Photographer
marlhamphoto
Kent
Canterbury

Quote from Stacie_Modern
Thank you everyone! Do you have any tips as what i should be putting on my profile? Any help is muchly appreciated!

I can see you've already changed your notes quite a bit.

As you're essentially a clothed-only model (according to your stated work preferences) I would say the most important thing you can do to sell yourself is emphasise the quality and range of wardrobe you have available including lingerie. You need to demonstrate a sense of style, quality and colour coordination in order to set yourself apart from other clothed-only models. So that means getting hold of stylish garments which other models are unlikely to also have in their armoury. So, in the absence of portfolio images which show that, you need to say something upbeat about it in your notes - and make sure, of course, that you can follow through when it comes to an actual shoot. It's no good just turning up with the same set of Primark lingerie as just about every other model on the site! A few quality items beats a multitude of budget items every day in my book.

In your re-written notes I personally find the list of people you've worked with previously completely trivial. I'd remove all that apart from the bit about being published in Bizarre - it's possible that some photographers might be interested in that.

I'd also remove all mention of not working certain levels with photographers on the first shoot - it makes you sound incredibly amateur. If you're not confident offering lingerie on a first shoot then you should remove it from your list of preferred levels and just make people you've worked with aware that it's available if they want it. Same goes for topless and nude. However bear in mind that just because the first shoot went OK it's no guarantee that the photographer's behaviour will be the same on second or subsequent shoots. Always take up references directly from other models and use them as your guide. As well as your gut instinct of course

18 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Brightonblonde Cherelle_Claudia miles
bbphotos cygnet david1500 Dolayley dorrian eosfan Fatsammy mareeoosh nik300 ranesh redbaron rscott360 seductiveangels tms Willjamieson