Models ID

Brian Southam Photography is off-line
10 May 2014 05:31
Brian2008
Photographer

Buckinghamshire
High Wycombe

Hi all
Just wondering with all the models looking so young and so on is best to get some sort off ID to make sure off age even if your just shooting fashion please?

Look forward to hearing from you!

Thanks
Brian

marlham is off-line
10 May 2014 05:52
marlhamphoto
Photographer
This member has been reset to pending
marlhamphoto
Kent
Canterbury

If, for whatever reason, you need to be certain you only shoot over 18s then obviously you'll need to make sure they bring appropriate ID for checking before the shoot commences. Make sure it's not their older sister's ID they show you though!

Personally I very rarely feel the need to check ID but obviously it depends what you're shooting and also what you know about the person you intend to shoot with.

redbaron is off-lineSilver Member
10 May 2014 07:06
redbaron
Photographer
redbaron
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

I always feel it is wiser to have a parent in attendence when the model is under 18. You will need them anyhow should you require a signed release.

There is no legal requirement but it helps limit risks for very little effort. Anything that could be classed as even risque needs care. I recall there was a big uproar a year ago over a tee shirt featuring a underage model. It was fashion, nothing untoward on show but people felt the pose too sexually provocative.
Photography and Studio hire www.immortaleye.co.uk

Dave Beasley is off-line
10 May 2014 08:51
eosfan
Photographer
eosfan
Surrey
Guildford

I always ask for age ID for any level, and for Adult shoots I ask for 2 age ID (government issue) as I believe USA law has something called 2257 Compliance on which the photographer confirms that they have seen two different official age ID documents. This form may or may not be required by US publishers.

This USA bit may well be irrelevant to most on here, but if like me, you sell in the USA then it is relevant.

Dave

Brian Southam Photography is off-line
11 May 2014 05:35
Brian2008
Photographer

Buckinghamshire
High Wycombe

Thanks for the replay guys it great help!

26 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
AdelineE alishaa ElleLaura kategrimsby SerenWise
antoinewynn antonart bobmac chicimages david1500 djb1 donaldmac dougharding geoffmarchant hylander iestyn Jpdo Kjoservices Ladiesman markeos50d MIB nik300 streetmodel tonycsm Twparge Willjamieson