RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Quote from nikondave
I cannot belive this has hot to 5 pages,

Welcome to Purestorm!
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

Matthew G is off-line
01 May 2014 15:20
MG
Photographer
MG
Warwickshire

So conclusion was.... Spend as little as you can on an SD card for a 5diii. It doesnt make any difference what card I put in, theyre all slow :-) As for the 6d, using a sandisk extreme 45mbs is about three times as fast as a sandisk 30mbs ulra card...

Over and out :-)

Anthonygh is off-line
04 May 2014 12:11
anthonyh
Photographer

Kent

Quote from baddo
I have just bought a ''Sandisk Extreme Pro SDHC UHS-I Memory Card - 32GB - Class 10 - 95MB/s'' from 7dayshop.com. and shoot both raw and jpeg with out the problems you mention. I was shooting sports at 6fps over the weekend and while only in short bursts the camera and card coped without any problems.

Bought the same card (8 GB version) for my G1X...just tried it for the first time.....maybe it is my imagination but the camera seems to load files to it in half the time it took with the previous card. Doesn't make it an 'action' camera...but it is ready for the next shot a lot lot quicker than previously.

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
04 May 2014 23:57
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Quote from anthonyh
Bought the same card (8 GB version) for my G1X...just tried it for the first time.....maybe it is my imagination but the camera seems to load files to it in half the time it took with the previous card. Doesn't make it an 'action' camera...but it is ready for the next shot a lot lot quicker than previously.

The framerate will most likely be governed by the camera's processor but loading of images for review is another benefit of faster cards.
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

14 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
charlotte90
ad360photo boss1968 Cg123 cgr dave@studio99 doughnut GGDP_Photography Keithhendy LGI michael_cameraman Njsphotography Rupert Simon_M