20 April 2014 00:44
pearhere
Photographer

Sorry for spelling . I better use mainly my iMac from now on

20 April 2014 04:05
PaulManuell
Photographer

Quote from pearhere

Not sure a reply got through about a shoulders question. My answer was I do a posture improvement. Them I have her show some heel for proper body positioning,( rather or not I actually show the heels in the frame, then I go to 3 rules about what to do and not to do with, spine, hips , and shoulders, then hands - a lot of that. Eventually I move on to lips and how to get sassy faces, and what not to do in regards to putting the hands along the face.

I honestly can't see any model putting up with such detailed direction as this on a shoot for long. Give direction by all means, but let the model concentrate on modelling, not have her stressing that she's not reaching your exacting standards or following 'the 3 rules' (whatever they are) to the letter. Somehow, though, I get the feeling nobody on here will be able to change your mindset on how you're going to approach model photography. On a separate note, please let us know how the shoot on the 30th goes.

20 April 2014 04:46
Socialdisaster
Photographer

Quote from PaulManuell
Somehow, though, I get the feeling nobody on here will be able to change your mindset on how you're going to approach model photography.

Indeed. How strange to title a thread "Ok -- how bad", seemingly ask for advice and then not only bang on about how your way is right, but start yet another thread about books.

Fact is, noone "creative" ever got there by reading a book.

Modesty is just arrogance in stealth mode

Profile Pictures is off-line
20 April 2014 06:02
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Suffolk
Bury St Edmunds

You sound like a loon now, if I were a model if have at least two good reasons not to want to be involved.

modjo30 is off-line
22 April 2014 09:44
modjo30
Photographer
modjo30
Cambridgeshire
st neots

I can't understand a word the op is saying.
No paragraphs and even when they finally understand what paragraph means they still don't understand sentences.

Spelling is terrible, words muddled up.
Maybe the op needs to brush up on English before getting into photography

Katie Soze is off-line
24 April 2014 16:38
katiesoze
Photographer
katiesoze
South Yorkshire

Quote from pearhere

[ moved & merged ]
Thanks. Here is my soon to be successful format

Thanks all for comments. I will use paragraphs from now on

I am using a cookie cutter approach because I do not think I have found a good model yey( except the one April 30th could be a real prize I think. Patient, willing to learn , serious, age mature. A few other choices that I was about to shoot sort of led me on and put me off. That has been a real upset to me. I find a greTodel, we shoot and pay attention, and one day we get do concentrated the clock seems to wiz by and next thing you know the night is almost over

Not sure a reply got through about a shoulders question. My answer was I do a posture improvement ( this time without other photographers and without a blizzard a mild it two across the lake knocking on the doorstep. Them I have her show some heel for proper body positioning,( rather or not I actually show the heels in the frame, then I go to 3 rules about what to do and not to do with, spine, hips , and shoulders, then hands - a lot of that. Eventually I move on to lips and how to get sassy faces, and what not to do in regards to putting the hands along the face. That covers it -/ but not in a nutshell( no small feat- bob

How do you think that makes your previous models feel?

If you can learn to make a woman feel comfortable and dare I say it, attractive and sexy. You won't need the book. Spouting all this book stuff and micro posing models isn't going to make them feel comfortable with you.

24 April 2014 19:07
PaulManuell
Photographer

Quote from katiesoze

How do you think that makes your previous models feel?

If you can learn to make a woman feel comfortable and dare I say it, attractive and sexy. You won't need the book. Spouting all this book stuff and micro posing models isn't going to make them feel comfortable with you.

I wonder if, with him being American, the OP's familiar with the term, 'A few sandwiches short of a picnic'? Well he appears to be bereft of the pork pies, cake, fizzy drink and picnic basket too.

07 May 2014 05:37
PaulManuell
Photographer

Quote from pearhere

I do not think I have found a good model yet( except the one April 30th could be a real prize )

So, how did the shoot with this model go on the 30th?

Emma C is off-line
29 May 2014 16:45
Emma_Collins
Model
Emma_Collins
West Yorkshire
Cleckheaton

Quote from stolenfaces
The hands look ok. When do you do the chapter on shoulders? Most of the skill to shooting models is to choose the right model, who then does the modeling ... And leaves you to do composition and capture.

I agree it helps to work with an enthusiastic model who knows her stuff then model and photographer work together. If you havent been given a good pose to work with you are already off to a bad start. Emma x
Hope to work with you soon, Emma Collins

21 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Kath27
ad360photo bbphotos cliffc Dalesdesigns dave@studio99 dazglam diphoto firsttake jeanm john_at_tina_spice JSP keyzoo kimsandman2 Kjoservices liteangle oscar philippahh PhilStorm Redbaron tms