This thread is being watched by 1 person
Peter Blanchflower is off-line
20 June 2014 17:15
blancho
Photographer
blancho
West Midlands
Solihull

Firstly do not see a couple last, just get to see them, some people get talked in to booking people on the spot, so make sure you see them at all. Although I get lots of people go away to think, infact I encourage it, I get a 90% booking from those who actually meet me.

More importantly how on earth are you getting any work if they arnt meeting you, who in their right mind would book a wedding photographer without meeting them, as someone who has shot almost 1000 weddings I have learnt the best photographer in the world dosnt always make the best wedding photographer. its about technical and creative skills mixed with wedding experience and most importantly personality and your philosophy of how you manage the day,

In short you try not to invite idiots to your wedding so why would you pay lots of money to get someone to take over your wedding even if they can create great images, therefore they need to meet to find out what your like and how you work, not just the end results.

The final pre wedding meeting is essential, I too do it aprox one month before, the two reasons for this are so we know who each other are, make the meeting as long as you have time to give, you want to be friends on the day. Then to gather information, I have homed in many questions that can save hassle on the day, to help the couple get what they want and get an enjoyable day and more importantly to make your life easy and stop any silly complaints. Complaints by the way will occur how ever 'perfect' you are but at least you can minimise them.

anyone who wants a useful form for this meeting feel free to email me, my websites on my profile email on the website

Peter Blanchflower is off-line
20 June 2014 17:21
blancho
Photographer
blancho
West Midlands
Solihull

And I have built an office at my home, its not the biggest but it saves so much time, no travel, no arranging albums etc, no waiting around for people, more impressive with pictures everywhere, tv for slideshows and videos and computer with your archive on,

18 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Brightonblonde miles
bbphotos bradder cygnet david1500 dorrian eosfan Fatsammy mareeoosh nik300 plaatjesmaker ranesh redbaron rscott360 seductiveangels tms Willjamieson