Female friendship?

Jesfish is off-line
26 March 2014 16:24
jes
Model
jes
Suffolk
Lowestoft

I did read the body of your text, and stand by my opinion.

Steve Guy is off-line
27 March 2014 08:41
Sdeve
Photographer

Derbyshire
Derby

In my 64 years I have seen far too often women who will submit to foul behaviour from partners, friends, and relatives, in particular their mothers. While there will certainly be men who suffer likewise, in my experience the majority of people I have encountered with such lifestyles are females. I'm damned if I know why this is so, but it seems to me to be the case. I am minded to remember that in societies where female genital mutilation is the norm, it is mostly the mothers of girl children who will make every effort to see that the operation is carried out on their daughters.

I have certainly seen, both in my personal life and professionally, many women who have had their self worth utterly destroyed by their mothers of all people. Certainly far more than males damaged by one or both of their parents. I've seen it, but I'm damned if I understand it.

29 March 2014 02:44
Nick_Edinburgh
Photographer

Is it just me that detects a whiff of misogyny in the way this question is framed?

It sounds a little if it's feeding a prejudice that this extreme incident might in some way reveal something significant and deep-seated in The Female character.

To me that's distasteful, at best.

(Oh, and sorry, but Nick_Edinburgh is a naughty person to only women being "allowed" to answer...)

Profile Pictures is off-line
29 March 2014 07:17
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Suffolk
Bury St Edmunds

I think the independent expert was also waffly and boring.

1 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Snapphoto